New
Find
Notify
Tools

GMC Hummer EV Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I heard about this thing and thought it was a bit odd. I saw one on the road today and I have to admit it looked nice. Like a sleek H2 truck. Pretty rugged looking at that. No I won’t be buying one, but it is the first electric vehicle that kept my attention for more than a minute.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What about it kept your attention over the many others??
I have yet to see anything with it that stands out?

The Rivians really have my attention.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Doesnt look bad at all. I like it.
It looks to me like a cross between the Bronco and the FJ Cruiser.

The electric vehicle I found nice looking is the new Cadillac.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It’s huge like the old H1 and H2. Most electrics look like something made to be light and efficient. This was completely opposite looking.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one on the road yet, but they do look enormous in the press shots I've seen.

If I were in the market for an EV truck, it'd be between the Rivian & the F150. Both of which look like a more regular truck & not a 'look at me' EV (Cybertruck).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

Perfect Description of it. Looks pretty nice!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
GMC Hummer EV

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What Cadillac is that. I’m not aware of a new EV from Cadillac.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
  • MSRP: From $108,700

• Curb weight: 9,046 lbs

• Range: 350 mi battery-only

• Dimensions: 217″ L x 87″ W x 79″ H

• Tire size: LT305/70R18

• Engine: Electric

• Transmission: 1-speed automatic

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
  •  
    Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No, not like
    Bill Clinton
    Picture of BigSwede
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Curb weight: 9,046 lbs

Whoa that's a heavy pig

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of P250UA5
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 1s1k:
    quote:

What Cadillac is that. I’m not aware of a new EV from Cadillac.

I'm guessing the Lyriq? It's the only Cad EV I've seen advertised

2023 Cadillac Lyriq

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Funny Man
    Picture of TXJIM
    posted Hide Post
    I just like the crab walk feature Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Its pretty cool. And the tech and performance is impressive.
    But... Who can actually work on it and repair it? Your local shop would appear to be SOL, at least for a while anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
    Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I am confused by this. As I understand it an electric vehicle with a range of 350 miles would have to be plugged into an outlet to be recharged after 350 miles. I am thinking that if GM's numbers for range are anything the mileage numbers for gasoline vehicles, the 350 mile range could be optimistic. So if I but this car, load it with camping and hunting gear and take it several hundred miles from my house, then go off road to a primitive camp with no electricity, I guess I have to bring a generator and some gasoline with me to charge my off road vehicle? I do not understand how this is saving the environment and preventing climate change.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ironworker:
    I am confused by this. As I understand it an electric vehicle with a range of 350 miles would have to be plugged into an outlet to be recharged after 350 miles. I am thinking that if GM's numbers for range are anything the mileage numbers for gasoline vehicles, the 350 mile range could be optimistic. So if I but this car, load it with camping and hunting gear and take it several hundred miles from my house, then go off road to a primitive camp with no electricity, I guess I have to bring a generator and some gasoline with me to charge my off road vehicle? I do not understand how this is saving the environment and preventing climate change.
    There are hundreds of variables that EV’s will not work for. I don’t think anyone is saying they are the jack of all trades. If you drive long distances all the time you better also have an ICE vehicle. My guess is if you can buy a $100k behemoth like this you probably have more than one other vehicle.

It is crazy how fast this thing is while having to shove 9000lbs to get moving.

Zero desire to own something like this. It will probably be more soul sucking than the new electric Porsche SUV.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Seems like a complete douche vehicle. I’ll be happy with my Bronco when it arrives before the end of the year.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
    Picture of Jelly
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Curb weight: 9,046 lbs

Yowza... shela a big bone gal not fit for sand or mud. What a job that will be for an off road recovery. Eek

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    That Hummer is too big, too heavy, and too expensive for me to even look upon. However, I really want one of these given I spent a huge amount of my younger years in my uncle's VW van. I just can't seem to get around my interest in this thing. Smile

-----------------------------
    Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nosce te ipsum
    Picture of Woodman
    posted Hide Post
    Very cool vehicle. GM built it because they can. The ultimate shop project.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Raised Hands Surround Us
    Three Nails To Protect Us
    Picture of Black92LX
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I do not understand how this is saving the environment and preventing climate change

This goes to every EV. It just shifts the effect on the environment from one area to another.
    They are cool from a tech aspect of things but anyone that is truly touting them as environment help is completely uneducated but more than likely virtue signaling.

————————————————
    The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
    If we got each other, and that's all we have.
    I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
    You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post