SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Establishing Ownership of Dog - UPDATED P2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Establishing Ownership of Dog - UPDATED P2 Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I take it they are not married. Just get possession of the dog and don't give it back. Proving who owns it will be hard to impossible, so just get it and force her to sue him for if she wants - which she won't do.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let me see if I got this straight. Some broke ass bitch who 'used' to be your son's girlfriend (heavy emphasis on used to be), thinks she's got any say whatsoever in any of this. And a couple folks here actually think this broke ass bitch is going to go find herself an attorney to chase a dog? Unless the attorney will take ass in exchange for billings, this ain't happening. More likely than not this bitch is way too busy anyway shopping for her next free ride.

Forgive my bluntness, but your son needs to grow a pair and recognize his money, just like this chick, is history. As such, he needs to tell her to go F-off, block her number from his phone, and he and his dog need to move on to better times.

^^^This. Big deal said it about as succinctly as I would. I would just add getting the dog chipped and registered with animal control in his name will add future protection. The money is gone.

Posts: 4954 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I take it they are not married. Just get possession of the dog and don't give it back. Proving who owns it will be hard to impossible, so just get it and force her to sue him for if she wants - which she won't do.

From the several times that my office was put in the middle of a domestic dispute over ownership, this has generally proven true. While vaccine records (and even microchips) can be duplicated to muddy the water, few of these cases ever go to court due to cost, and aside from saber rattling, the one who has the dog/cat keeps it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't King Solomon have a solution??

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the Brady Bunch had an episode about this. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, at first he played nice but finally came to the realization that this was stupid, not fair to the dog and he really wanted tom distance between them so he told he that the shared thing would not work and that it was unfair and confusing to the dog not to mention will get complicated when new relationships start up.

As expected she flipped out, threatened to come get the dog (she was told in no uncertain terms that she cannot set foot in my yard) then she got her crazy ass mother involved who is a self involved bitch on a good day. This ended with a bunch of threatening texts.

My son has done what was suggested from the start: Shots, rabies and registration in his name, chipped in his name and he has gone through his bank account and located almost all the purchases he has made for the dogs care which prove he was financially supporting said canine.

We are fully expecting them to try and take him to court and, as far as i can tell, the only thing they could do is get in touch with the former owner and get him to say he gave the dog to them and not my son.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
when I realized I needed to get out of my last relationship (of 6 years) we had cats that I wanted. I waited until she went to work, loaded them up and was off to my parents house.. when she realized I had taken them I basically said "Fuck you take me to court", I still have the cats.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
We are fully expecting them to try and take him to court and, as far as i can tell, the only thing they could do is get in touch with the former owner and get him to say he gave the dog to them and not my son.

He's out the money and if he lets her take the dog, he's out that too.
To hell with the old girlfriend and her mother. Even if the previous owner says who they gave the dog to, it doesn't mean shit.

He's been the provider in every aspect of dog ownership and as far as the County is concerned, (shots, license), he's the owner.
They won't do shit anyway unless this dog already has papers out the wazoo. CD, CDX, UD, UDX, etc. I'm just guessing that is not the case.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Whose house did the dog reside??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25665 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

This. If he lets her take the dog, I would put the odds at 90+% that he will never see the dog again. She will hold it over him, use it as leverage if she wants to play games or just keep him and tell him to sue if he wants him back. Possession is nine tenths of the law. Ownership is easier to maintain if you have possession.

(Missed the update - sorry, hate it when people do that. Hope thing works out for your son, I think he has done the right thing.)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post