SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A note on the 2020 Presidential Election
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A note on the 2020 Presidential Election Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I strongly suspect that President Trump will win re-election even more definitively than he won last time. I hope that he crushes whoever the Dims put up so totally, and that AG Barr collects enough scalps, that the Dims are so dispirited that they just STFU and slink away. It would be so nice to have a few years of quiet before the 2024 election starts ramping up.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para...we needed that.

Election night, 2016, has been burned into my brain forever. The look on Megyn Kelly's face, the look on Chris Wallace's face and the tears rolling down the face of all the main stream media pundits. There is no doubt in my mind we will see the same reactions in 2020...when Trump is re-elected. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Para, thanks very much for keeping up our morale.
It’s too bad that politics takes up so much of our lives these days. It would be great to have a couple of years off between campaigns.

I agree.
Para, thanks. I, too, have had my doubts, always wanting to look at things openly and objectively. But sometimes you've just got to keep your chin up.
And, yes, politics takes up too much of our lives these days. The unfortunate truth is that government infringes too much on what should be private associations and community.
See the quote, below, which JALLEN used to post here.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have come to have faith and be patient.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Great sentiments Para, I'm in!!

One nit-picky comment.. I think you left the word 'want' out of your first paragraph. Took me a second to figure it out, but then it made sense.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Time to throw the big Trump card again.

#KAG #45>46

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pep-talk, much appreciated, your reasoned and balanced statement provides reassurance that there's likeminded, liberty loving citizens out there. Living behind enemy lines, the constant screaming, hand-wringing and outrage gets pretty deafening and tiresome, particularly in the incomparable bubble of the Bay Area.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Damn well said.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well said, Para! And thanks for this great place to hang out!

I get more news, comments, etc here than anywhere else.

Thanks again, Boss.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Whenever I need to be cheered up I go watch that video montage of the leftist meltdown on election night. Big Grin

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I am heartened by the fact that the Dems do not have A SINGLE VIABLE CANDIDATE out of that entire collection of Commies and truly believe that Trump is going to pull off a Reagan vs Mondale 1984 style landslide next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Whenever I need to be cheered up I go watch that video montage of the leftist meltdown on election night. Big Grin

Look up “Young Turks on Election Night”, it’s HILARIOUS!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I fully believe that the Russians will "trick" me into voting for Trump again in 2020. Smile When I see what the Dems. are running, I think it will be a landslide this time.
Thanks Para.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
We have about a year and a half to go.
For some perspective, just look at some of the press and establishment predictions about what a Trump victory would mean in October 2016.
First, he can't possibly win.
The economy would crash, nobody will work with him, nothing will get done, unemployment will skyrocket, the Great Depression MkII, etc.
Then it was Russian Collusion and Mueller was going to get them all put in jail where they belong. Just wait for the report. Thud.
Now they are starting the "he can't win" all over again and for good measure, we'll impeach him just in case. Everyone knows that if you can't prove you are innocent of something nobody can define, you must be guilty of something.
Maybe someone should look into the track record of his opponents.
Maybe that's what the people that voted in the last election did.

Posts: 9519 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Being a dyed-in-the-wool pessimist, I need that. Thanks, para.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Well said Para. This is going to be fun!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For those of you with fears and doubts, this is what we're up against:

"Old, white, straight guy" is polling far better than any other Democrat candidate, but is drawing small crowds at rallies, smaller than Elizabeth Warren. Biden is following the Hillary Clinton strategy of not really campaigning, because he is entitled to the Presidency. He puts his foot into his mouth six times a day and can't keep his hands off of young girls.

It will be Trump/Pence against Biden and some female VP candidate. Donald Trump will be in office until January 20, 2025.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Well said Boss.

I really like this all of this WINNING. It tastes good.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Well put, Para.

I really appreciate the contrast between those two quotes. Stephenson was talking about inspiring others by example. Hudson from Aliens on the other hand was a coward.

It just occurred to me that that's the same contrast between conservatives and leftists:
Obama wins the election, conservatives sigh, roll up their sleeves, and get back to work.
Trump wins the election, leftists shout "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" like pathetic crybabies.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post