SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You can't make things such as this up...man burns down apartment complex while cooking a squirrel with a blow torch...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can't make things such as this up...man burns down apartment complex while cooking a squirrel with a blow torch... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
using a blowtorch to remove fur from the squirrel

Eeww! If you've ever singed your hair, you know what that must smell like.

I use a blowtorch to get rid of hair on wild game all the time when butchering. Chickens too. It works great.

I've eaten squirrel before (them big eastern squirrels) and it ain't bad. I wouldn't think of cooking it with a torch, however. Nothing wrong with some squirrel stew though.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a child visiting my hillbilly relatives, they would from time to time "fix a mess of squirrels". They usually made a stew.
Pretty good, if done right.
And my relatives skinned the varmints prior to the stew. No blowtorch involved.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
Hey...at least Florida can't claim this one

Yep, the only part of this story that totally amazed me is that this was not Florida Man.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post