SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meet Bandit, the latest member of the pack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet Bandit, the latest member of the pack Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Bandit, a 2 year old male Karelian Bear Dog German Shepherd mix won me over today. He's smart, a little stubborn, always aware but not aggressive towards his surroundings.

The latest chapter in the Alaskan adventure. Kind of feel like a Jack London novel. Move to Alaska, go on adventures, find a dog...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's a good boy?!

You're a good boy!

Looks like you got a good companion.

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup!

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Holy hell! Neither of you were wearing a mask! What were you thinking? Razz Smile That's a good looking pup, sir. Good on you for offering him a home.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Holy hell! Neither of you were wearing a mask! What were you thinking? Razz Smile That's a good looking pup, sir. Good on you for offering him a home.

You'd think Z would know better given his chosen profession.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Looks like you got a winner there! We lost our old girl the end of last summer. Been debating with myself ever since if I want to get another one. My neighbor at the lake has a border collie whose name is Bandit as well. Smartest dog I have ever met. Same black and white as you’re Bandit.

Neighbors Bandit spends a lot of his time at our place when I’m here so I guess that’s enough of a dog fix for me for now. Best of luck to you and your new companion!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Handsome Boy!

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Your Bandit is very handsome, and so is mine:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Handsome pup. Almost looks like a bit of Border in him.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Handsome pup. Almost looks like a bit of Border in him.

That's the Karelian Bear Dog part of him, they only come in stark black and white. The rescue organization I'm getting him from actually did the doggie DNA test on hm. While cool, it kind of takes away from some of the fun of the game of Guess the Doggie DNA.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful dog!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Actually, we both were, his is just permanent. Smile

Mine was just pulled down in that picture. Wanted to give him a chance to actually see me. While the State of Alaska does not have a requirement concerning face masks, the City of Anchorage does.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Definitely put a smile on my face, welcome to the good life Bandit!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Pup!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the newest member of your pack!! What a fine looking Dog.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup. I'm sure he'll have you trained in no time.

Posts: 1650 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post