SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AWD lawn mower suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AWD lawn mower suggestions Login/Join 
posted
Im tossing the idea of getting a new push mower. I was thinking of an AWD model since I have a steep hill in the backyard. I currently have a Toro 22" recycler RWD. Its been a good mower but I sometimes leave ruts when the back wheels spin.

Is there a big weight difference with the AWD models?

I would also like a mower that does a better job at bagging and mulching the grass. What features do I need to look for? Is it simply engine size and bigger is better?

I was thinking of staying with the bigger brands such as Toro, Honda or Husquvarna.

Any advice?

Posts: 5464 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
We bought the Husquvarna a couple of years ago. Its a pretty good mower if you're mowing in a straight line. Trying to stop or turn becomes interesting at best. I bought it for our hill out back, but discovered my old push mower is a hundred times easier to edge around trees, shrubs or whatever. Its just not possible to mow our yard with it. No matter how highly they rate it, its a bear.

Mostly its just in the way out in the garage.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the Husky AWD for 3 years, never did work right and did a terrible job of mowing the lawn. Briggs engine then failed just got rid of it not worth repairing.

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The newer ones have Honda power.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post