SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone complete their safe and contents?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone complete their safe and contents? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
I’m a happy guy. Buying a long gun from Dobbler which is the last firearm to complete my safe. This purchase wasn’t a spur of the moment decision and has been on the radar for years. It’s the last piece I wanted to complete the safe. I don’t have some big safe (or two) loaded to the hilt. Just what I want/need with redundancy. This is a redundant firearm which will be moved to primary (Vepr AK). 25 years of buying, selling, etc, and the 2016 election really pushed me to finish the safe, and buy all the magazines I should need for life. Got the magz done in 2016. Wondering if anyone else has done the same. If some new DA/SA platform comes out, that would be the only thing to get me to buy anything new and I’d be selling existing DA/SA pistols to pay for it. Safe is complete and I’m thanking the Lord. Elections, changes in laws, etc, feels good to be done with it. I’ve never been a collector so the safety or complacency is so welcome.

Now I can get back to ammo hoarding, finally! And maybe finally get around to buying some Dillon presses and roll my own. Happy days!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12658 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily complete, but my gun buying has certainly slowed significantly over the past few years.

I realized about 5 years ago that my "collection" had becomes more of an "accumulation", and I've narrowed my focus and been slowly selling/consolidating/upgrading since then. Especially when it comes to my milsurp rifle collection, which is about half what it used to be.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I don’t make anywhere near the money I used to so I can’t buy like I did before. I am glad I had already pretty much gotten most of the guns and ammo I wanted. I do still have a couple more guns I would like to have. I want a P229 Legion, a .308 rifle, and a .44 mag lever action. My safe is stuffed and I may have to sell an AR to get two more rifles in it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I recently completed a safe by buying the system that will let me fit more guns in it.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have everything I “need” except a Tikka T3X TCR A1. I might sell off a few guns to finance that.
Then there’s upgrading the P320s.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I completed my safes a while ago. Now, I'm the process of emptying them. Eek

Q

Posts: 26492 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm good. I still buy or replace occasionally, but it's usually good to great deals of something that would be nice to have an extra of (G19, AR, etc).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well I'm pretty darn close. Looking to complete my straight.

Have:

225, 226, 228, 229, 230.

Need:

Might consider:

If I add anything it will be parts kits. I own no less than seven mags for each except the 230.

After that the next and final two three things. PCC, SBR, Suppressor. Then I'm done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I had most of what I needed, but the P320's came along, so bought a few of those. If firearms continue to improve as they have been, my safe will never be complete.

-c1steve

Posts: 4063 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
still looking for a single shot 45-70....

I had a Ruger No.1 in that caliber once....then sold it...(foolish)

Then I had a Marlin in 45-70..and sold it...(foolish-but glad it went to someone here)

or a single shot in some obscure caliber that's cool (Think black powder)

and I've got enough room in the new safe for it....hmmmm

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t buy like I used to, but could be in the market for another safe....

Bought a rifle, private sale some years ago. Gentleman I bought it from had been casually buying for a long time. When he needed a little extra cash he would sell something. Told me he had SEVEN safes in the basement.

Posts: 2134 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm doing the "thin the herd" thing myself.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post