SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I screwed up a simple brake job: need help.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I screwed up a simple brake job: need help. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, the grease in your gun is fine for ball joints, u-joints, drive shaft splines, tie rod ends, etc. Two or three pumps for ball joints and tie rod ends.

Using a pressure washer runs the risk of pushing water past the seals meant to keep water out. I'd wipe old grease of with rags or shop towels.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Finally managed to string together enough minutes to finish this project. No more complications. Packed some brand new bearings and everything went just fine.

Also took out some silly extended shackles that gave the car a serious forward rake. I used to think it looked cool.... when I was 20. I’ve moved on past that stage in my life.

So, it’s time to move on to the next issue... something discovered today. I’ll start a new thread when I’m ready to tackle that but here is a hint: it is ignition related.

Posts: 6365 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing here - but one missing piece of info may be that this car did not have factory disc brakes but had a conversion kit on the old drum spindles?

Glad you got it fixed.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I'm guessing here - but one missing piece of info may be that this car did not have factory disc brakes but had a conversion kit on the old drum spindles?

Glad you got it fixed.

I’m actually not sure if they are factory installed or installed later. I’m not sure if there is anyway to tell.

Posts: 6365 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
So, it’s time to move on to the next issue... something discovered today. I’ll start a new thread when I’m ready to tackle that but here is a hint: it is ignition related.

The old screwdriver in the ignition is rusty, and needs replacement?

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

The old screwdriver in the ignition is rusty, and needs replacement?

Close!