Tools

New truck day Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
Does this model year have the problem with the radiator breaking and ruining the transmission?

No they remedied that in 2010. It only effected automatic Xterras, Pathfinders, and Frontiers from 2005-2009.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
My 2015 Frontier is just about to turn 60k. Only issue was a window regulator that went out under warranty.

Be aware there will be squeaks, clunks and rattles, and yes the gas mileage sucks, but you bought a P/U not a Honda Civic.

Welcome to the club.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
My 2015 Frontier is just about to turn 60k. Only issue was a window regulator that went out under warranty.

Be aware there will be squeaks, clunks and rattles, and yes the gas mileage sucks, but you bought a P/U not a Honda Civic.

Welcome to the club.

I’m well aware of the squeaks, my 2005 xterra with 210k on it is basically the same vehicle without the open bed.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I am looking at tonneau covers now myself. Is that an Extang soft cover? What are they getting for those now?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
That truck will serve you well for many years OP. I have an 09 Maxima with 339000 on it and running strong. But you need to trade that Z in on a real Z, 370Z !

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice rig. Looks like a 2wd. Since the other thread about the cost of new vehicles is running. Care to share the otd price?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yes this is my truck. No I will not help you move.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dang, I'm gonna miss you updating us on the new GTI but congrats on the truck, the Frontier is a good one.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice. The Frontier was on my short list as the only truck choice, last year. They are attractive because (unlike most other models), they haven't grown larger or more complex with each new model year. The Frontier is just honest, as you described it.
Nissan VQs will last forever, with maintenance. Just keep an eye on valve cover gaskets. Our Maxima's VQ35DE started burning oil, and it was a hole/gap in the valve cover gasket. Easy fix.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Nice rig. Looks like a 2wd. Since the other thread about the cost of new vehicles is running. Care to share the otd price?

Asking price was $22,900, I got them down to just under $21k with an OTD price of $22,110 (approx I don’t have the numbers in front of me.) Yes it’s RWD. I don’t have a lot of use for 4WD here in Charlotte.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Nice truck! My Wrangler was my first non-car and I have also enjoyed the the utility of such vehicles. Looks like we have similar taste in cars! This is what I was driving a few years ago.

Nice! I have had 5 GTI’s dating back to 2009 and am on my 3rd Z4. Great minds Cool

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
You guys have got me reconsidering the Frontier. I’m going to test drive a 2018 SV (4dr, v6) tonight with 20k miles and 4wd. They’re asking $21,600. I’ve got money down on the 2015 Tacoma I drove Saturday but the Frontier is newer, 48k less miles and $2400 less in cost. I really want to like this truck based on all the positive feedback to the OP’s purchase.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I have an 09 Maxima with 339000 on it and running strong.

Cool Awww, yeahhh!

quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:But you need to trade that Z in on a real Z, 370Z !

Double Cool !

quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I really want to like this truck based on all the positive feedback to the OP’s purchase.

I'd buy one in a big fat hurry, if I were in the truck market.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really want to like this truck based on all the positive feedback to the OP’s purchase.

I'd buy one in a big fat hurry, if I were in the truck market.[/QUOTE]

It was a previous rental car so I passed on it. Going to get the 2015 Tacoma

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That should serve you well. MPG's suck even worse than the Tacoma, but hey, it's a truck not a Prius. Enjoy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Next best thing after a Toyota! Wink

I do like the color, though.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I had a '13 4wd SV V6 when I lived in Can-eh-duh. I liked it so much that I bought a '16 2wd top of the line SL when I moved to Houston.

I've found them to be very reliable, and the motor has some get up and go (gas mileage sucks though). The V6 is only 15 hp less than the 5.3L V8 I had in my Silverado.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'd buy one in a big fat hurry, if I were in the truck market.

It was a previous rental car so I passed on it. Going to get the 2015 Tacoma[/QUOTE]

The new frontier (which has been available in Australia and such for a while) comes out next year so 2019 is the last year for the old frontier. The new one looks very similar to the new ranger and Colorado/Canyon.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m too reliant on Apple CarPlay now so today I installed this Pioneer MVH-1400NEX radio. It was super easy. I was even able to keep the factory back up camera, USB port, and steering wheel controls. I got the unit on Amazon for a screaming deal. I like that it’s a capacitative touch screen and not resistive like most touch screen radios are. Sounds great too.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on NTD. I only bought one truck new (still own it after 18 years) I remember that feeling. Enjoy!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post