SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anthony Weiner going to prison
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anthony Weiner going to prison Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Heard this ahole could also get probation, since there's no mandatory sentencing here. Since scumbags protect their own, this turd's going to be looking at 6 months of hard probation.
No one knows his fate, including the cynical among us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107744 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think he'll get the 21-27 months, since he said he would not appeal if that was the sentence (so I read). Enough? I don't know, I'm not a judge. Every state is different (and that is a good thing, regardless of what we may think). Let the people of the state, through their own legislatures, decide what a given punishment should be. There are enough federal guidelines.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If, and that's a big if, he gets jail time, it'll be at one of the country club jails.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why do some of you guys insist on being so Goddamned cynical about these things? Do you think it makes you look wise when you make these dire predictions? In the face of this perv being convicted, which is -guess what- a victory- some of you guys insist on trying your best to turn it into a defeat.

Perhaps he'll get probation only or perhaps he'll go to Club Fed, but no one here knows anything to a certainty, so just cut it out. My God, the guy is now a convicted felon and has to register as a sex offender, but some of you are bound and determined to act like this is nothing. Just cut it out, please. Take your attitude of "we can't win" elsewhere. Damn.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107744 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
the guy is now a convicted felon and has to register as a sex offender

This is a win all on it's own, there we people probably saying he would never get convicted. What happens from here is icing on the cake.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, https://www.bop.gov/inmates/cu...re/sex_offenders.jsp

My guess? Devens.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
wonder if houma will stick by his side through this too?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:

She filed for divorce the same day.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

And I (among others) think she should be headed for jail too (for mishandling classified).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

And I (among others) think she should be headed for jail too (for mishandling classified).

flashguy

No question about it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I found this informative.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/0...-weiner-guilty-plea/

I have heard Mark Gerigos explain that many of his clients the registration is the thing they battle the most to avoid. Most would take the 20 years to avoid that knowing they'd be out in 7 on good behavior. The registration as a sex offender will be with him for the rest of his life. Where ever he goes. That's good enough for me. Now that Huma has filed for divorce will see how long the Clintons support this guy.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Report This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

She brought an anonymous versus anonymous action in Manhattan Supreme Court Friday.

She’s asking for the court to seal the case.

I call bullshit. Lay it all out ...you are not special

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

It would have been more realistic if he had been taking a blissfully ignorant selfie.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My mother saw him on TV when the first scandal hit, and said, "Ohh, that guy is such a puke sandwich! So creepy, how could anyone want to be with him?", and every woman I've talked to about it said basically the same thing. Most of them seemed to mostly talk about the creepy stuff he's done, but my mother always talked about how he looked.

As a straight guy, it's hard to imagine someone more repulsive looking that isn't deformed.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There may have been such a thing as country club prisons decades ago, but they don't exist anymore, at least not at the federal level. No tobacco, uniforms, 6 counts a day, searches, metal detectors, urine testing, alcohol testing-it ain't like on tv.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
quote:

She brought an anonymous versus anonymous action in Manhattan Supreme Court Friday.

She’s asking for the court to seal the case.

I call bullshit. Lay it all out ...you are not special

She is a Clintonista. That is very special.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
three comments about his sentencing:

1. The charge carries a potential sentence of up to 10 years in prison, but could involve no jail time depending on the determination of a judge.

2. Weiner agreed not to appeal any sentence between 21 and 27 months in prison

3. final sentencing hearing in September.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ing-minor/101870332/

It's interesting what information he has about the Clintons that could put them, Clintons, in defence mode and influence the Judge's ruling on time to serve. We'll see.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I found this informative.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/0...-weiner-guilty-plea/

I have heard Mark Gerigos explain that many of his clients the registration is the thing they battle the most to avoid. Most would take the 20 years to avoid that knowing they'd be out in 7 on good behavior. The registration as a sex offender will be with him for the rest of his life. Where ever he goes. That's good enough for me. Now that Huma has filed for divorce will see how long the Clintons support this guy.

Again, what may he know about the Clintons that would make them try to influence the Judges time to serve for Weiner. The judges ruling doesn't come down until Sept. plenty time for the Clintons to finagle.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post