SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need to upgrade my phone - Could use some advice.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need to upgrade my phone - Could use some advice. Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I know it’s not a popular option, but I have a Sonim XP3 flip phone on ATT. Works quite well. I also carry a tablet - more useful than a phone, when I need to actually do something, and let’s me be free of the BS and just carry a phone, so that folks can call, if needed.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

5G will be launching soon here in Tampa and Orlando
I'm in the Orlando area, so I should be seeing availability before too long, but I have a question: I do not stream music nor video, so will 5G provide any benefit for me?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
5G is not of any benefit to most people. It allows IOT technology to work and faster speeds. With 4G you can already stream music and movies and download large files. If you are using a tablet or laptop for work the faster speeds will allow for working away from the office. It may even be faster than many home internet setups (gigabit speeds).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

IOT technology
IOT? Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Internet of things.

Everything is connected to internet. You walk past billboards and they display ads for you. Your toaster is connected to the web, your fridge tells you when your low on milk, your car let's you know it needs oil change, etc. All of this to some degree is available now. A super fast internet everywhere allows all of these gagets to react and relay information instantaneously. Think startrek.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

IOT technology
IOT? Confused

Internet Of Things. Smart switches, thermostats, streaming devices, microwaves, home listening devices, your car, what-have-you.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post