SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Larry Elder leaves Salem Radio Network (SRN)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Elder leaves Salem Radio Network (SRN) Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Larry Elder is a powerful voice in the Conservative movement, with a compelling life background. He is intelligent, has a great memory for recalling supporting facts when making his case, he is articulate... and he has one heck of a great sense of humor and would spring a joke or witty comment when listeners least expected it. By all the accounts I'm familiar with, he is genuinely a nice guy.

Although I only started listening to him a little over 4 years ago, he quickly rose to becoming one of my favorite Conservative radio on-air talents.

I hate thinking about not being able to look forward to listening to his show almost every day, and especially his holiday re-broadcast shows, but I wish him nothing but the best and hope this move clears the way for him to make another political run at office.

[Note: hyperlinks found at linked website article.]

=====================

Salem Radio Network Announces Larry Elder Departure

Business Wire 21 hrs ago

Larry Elder
Business Wire

IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2022--

Salem Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SALM) announced today that Larry Elder has decided to move on from the Salem Radio Network, after a six year run on the SRN lineup, 3-6pm PT, 6-9pm ET. SRN will be announcing a replacement for Larry in this slot very soon. This change is effective immediately.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/n...e/20220404005788/en/

Larry Elder (Photo: Business Wire)

“Larry is an icon as a radio talk show host and is a powerful voice as a leading black conservative, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors,” said Salem Senior Vice President of Spoken Word, Phil Boyce. “I hope there will be future opportunities for us to work together,” said Boyce, who added this was “completely 100% Larry’s decision.”

In fact, Salem continues to be a major platform for Larry’s documentaries like “Uncle Tom,” released two years ago, and will be providing a platform for the sequel “Uncle Tom 2” coming out in a few months. SalemNow.Com will be hosting that movie, as it did in the past. Salem granted Larry a 3 month leave of absence last summer to run for Governor of California, during that recall election, and he returned to the air waves in October.

During that run for Governor, Salem utilized Carl Jackson, a rising star from Orlando, to sub for Larry and never missed a beat. Carl has agreed to resume the host duties for the foreseeable future, until Salem is ready to announce a permanent replacement. “It was an honor for me to sit in Larry’s chair last summer for a few months, and it will be another honor to continue his tradition on the radio now,” said Carl, who will host the show out of the Salem facility in Orlando, AM 950 The Answer.

ABOUT SALEM MEDIA GROUP:

Salem Media Group is America’s leading multimedia company specializing in Christian and conservative content, with media properties comprising radio, digital media and book and newsletter publishing. Each day Salem serves a loyal and dedicated audience of listeners and readers numbering in the millions nationally. With its unique programming focus, Salem provides compelling content, fresh commentary and relevant information from some of the most respected figures across the Christian and conservative media landscape. Learn more about Salem Media Group, Inc. at www.salemmedia.com, Facebook and Twitter.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love Larry Elder too, wonder what the reason is and what next is in store for him?

Posts: 22916 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I caught the announcement on-air yesterday. I know it's S.O.P. in the radio biz to just terminate on-air talent once the decision has been made rather than leave them in place for a week or two, but there have been a couple notable exceptions when the host was allowed to break the news themselves and tell their audience that they've connected to, thank you and goodbye, so I was disappointed his audience didn't get the news directly from him.

But it was announced that the separation was amicable, it was Larry's decision, that they hoped to be able to work with him again in the future, and that this departure would allow Larry to pursue some other projects and goals he has interest in.

His first documentary, Uncle Tom, did very well, he has the follow-up coming out soon, he started a Republican PAC last year in an effort to elect more Republicans this mid-term, and although he lost the governor's race last year, he also did very well in the race, in terms of the slew of Republican candidates he ran against. His candidacy forced the Democrats to break out the big names and spend hundreds of millions of dollars to beat him.

Politics, books/ documentaries, or radio...his voice and influence is too important not to have in at least one of these endeavors.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I like Larry. Even in his early days as the "judge" on one of those ridiculous daytime TV court shows. Hope he, in his new journey, continues to piss off the commies.

Thread drift. Speaking of black conservative talk radio hosts, anyone remember Kenny Hamblin (The Black Avenger) of the 80s and 90s? My favorite. He made liberal heads explode long before that practice was in vogue. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post