SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1.6 Amp parasitic draw on my 2010 F150
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1.6 Amp parasitic draw on my 2010 F150 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I do not think it is the fuel pump fuse. If there is a problem with it, you will see some browning/burning or melting at fuse #27 under the hood. It won't leave you stranded if you get the bypass done now. All the bypass kit really does is to use heavier gauge wire and puts the fuse into another slot. No, the fuel pump fuse (stock or relocated) wouldn't be responsible for the drain, the fuel pump goes on/off with the ignition switch.

Any aftermarket electronic equipment installed? Chasing electrical gremlins is not fun. I have found most of mine to be caused by myself ie: malfunctioning Gatorade cap that killed the stereo and a big rock that crushed the wiring bundle under the left side of the cab.

Posts: 889 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another thing to check:

completely different vehicle (Acura MDX) but we had issues with the Bluetooth module constantly searching and never going to sleep. Like you mentioned it was drawing 24/7 draining the battery.

ETA: we don't use the Bluetooth in that vehicle much so we just disconnected it - problem (sorta) solved.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post