SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever used these Margarita and Mojito premixes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever used these Margarita and Mojito premixes? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Margaritas and mojitos are so easy to make from scratch and you’ll never find a mix that tastes as good. However, I may cheat for a daiquiri or pina colada with Bacardi frozen mixes. Find them in the frozen juice section of a super market.

I’ll be doing mojitos shortly Big Grin

May I suggest a cucumber mojito?

Squeeze lime juice out, set aside. Muddle cucumbers, simple syrup, and mint together. Add lime juice, muddle a little more. Then add your rum, club soda, and ice, stir.

Garnish with lime slice and slice of cucumber on rim of glass. Take small sprig of mint and set on top of drinks for looks.

These are always a hit at my place, made only during summertime with fresh cucumber and mint from the garden.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We keep the Cuervo Mix on hand, and a bottle of their Tequila, when it's summer and you want to hit the pool to cool off with a cold margarita the last thing you want to do is spend 20 minutes milking limes and prepping drinks.

Keeping it in the freezer is a good idea,
will have to start doing that, we just put crushed ice, Tequilla and the mix together and drink until it's gone...

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We keep the Cuervo Mix on hand, and a bottle of their Tequila, when it's summer and you want to hit the pool to cool off with a cold margarita the last thing you want to do is spend 20 minutes milking limes and prepping drinks.

Thank you! You understand completely where I'm coming from! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Not much need for a mix for either a margarita or a mojito.
Both are straight forward drinks.

Margarita > tequila/triplesec/limejuice
Mojito > rum/simplesyrup/mint/clubsoda

YMMV Eek
^^ THIS ^^

I grow my own authentic Cuban mojito mint and always keep simple syrup, lime juice, and a 6 pack of the small club soda bottles. A mix can’t compete with that, and it’s super easy.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post