SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Sigforum Members in the Rio Grande Valley Missing Their Tiger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Sigforum Members in the Rio Grande Valley Missing Their Tiger? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Lots of speculation that it escaped from the private zoo at a cartel mansion. Any ways, it just got a little more hazardous to sneak across the border.

Link to FB story

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23332 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Wow!

That could really put some teeth into enforcement of illegal crossings.

Eek

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope, we're down at the other end and Texas has been cracking down on tigers (yes, that has been an issue here in the past).

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Nope, but please let me know if you see our missing pet grizzly. Really put a kink in our home security plan with him gone...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
A guy I know well has two Tigers, Willie and Waylon Big Grin, that live in an enclosure at his ranch south of San Antonio near Pearsal, TX. Spent a weekend hunting there with my family and my boys hand fed them. Not sure its all that uncommon and he definitely is not a cartel member, lol.

Here he is feeding Waylon with the guide....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
A guy I know well has two Tigers, Willie and Waylon Big Grin, that live in an enclosure at his ranch south of San Antonio near Pearsal, TX. Spent a weekend hunting there with my family and my boys hand fed them. Not sure its all that uncommon and he definitely is not a cartel member, lol.

No way I let anyone in my family put their arm in a "den of tigers"Big Grin He wasn't actually letting either of those big pussy cats eat out your sons hand was he?

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

No way I let anyone in my family put their arm in a "den of tigers"Big Grin He wasn't actually letting either of those big pussy cats eat out your sons hand was he?

No, his hand was at least half a rabbit length outside the cage at all times Razz

I have been to the ranch several times however and have reached through the bars and rubber all over the Tigers. They both loved the attention and purred and rubbed against my hand. With that said, no one goes into the enclosure without separating them off into a smaller area. They are not considered "tame" in that way.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Some Cartel Boss is super pissed.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
They are just big kitty cats. Go ahead, rub my belly. I dare you. Big Grin

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:

And the guide was delicious - send more! Razz

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry, But have to ask! WHY?

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golfrjd1:
quote:

Sorry, But have to ask! WHY?

Not my Tigers, not my circus so I can't really say for sure. Maybe to go with the 6 or 8 other species of African animals that roam the ranch. If I was forced to guess I would say "because he can". I certainly enjoyed being close to them and feeding them on my visits. They are well cared for, have regular vet care, etc...and are maintained in a large, secure and comfortable enclosure. I see no difference than Tigers kept at a zoo.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Somebody forgot to latch the baby gate.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post