SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Osage County Guns robbed.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Osage County Guns robbed. Login/Join 
posted
Received an email from them. I think the owner used to post on here, but I don't remember his handle. The hood rats used a car small enough to go in between the barricades.

I bought my 365 from them. Good people.

https://osagecountyguns.com/bl...tore-was-robbed.html

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
One of several gun stores burglaries in the last month in the St. Louis area. Probably the same group(s) that hit the Medical Marijuana Dispensaries the other weekend (3+ cars, 10+ suspects). Another group shot up a house when the home owner yelled at them from the window, while they were breaking into his cars (3 vehicles with at least 3 shitheads in each vehicle). Usually a stolen Hyundai and or Kia, and then add in a fresh steal (not discovered or reported yet because the owner left the vehicle unlocked with the keys in it......which is about 99% of all our non Hyundai/Kia vehicles stolen overnight).

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Saw that on Fakebook, crazy stuff

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn’t that the entire reason you put those posts in. Whoever measured for them needs a new job.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The LGS I have a part time gig at has placed concrete barricades like those used at road construction sites around the building to prevent this. It looks like an US Embassy in the 3rd world.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
burglaries

Yes, not robbery.
But I know: If everyone knows what we're referring to, what difference does it matter?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow, not what I was expecting. These yutes were pretty coordinated. Hope they find the little fuckers....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
burglaries

Yes, not robbery.
But I know: If everyone knows what we're referring to, what difference does it matter?

Well, everyone doesn’t know what we’re talking about until we read the story. The headline is misleading. Not really blaming the OP, as I got the same email and it referenced “we were robbed”.

If the email and/or this thread was titled “Osage was burglarized, I probably wouldn’t have read it.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I've been to that store and was treated very well. Cool guys.

This happened around 2 weeks ago. Around the same time a group did rthe same type of thing to an Academy sports store, the one by I70 and Mid Rivers.

Might be the same group was same MO - crash a stolen car through the front of the shop, then dudes run in and grab stuff. Supposedly they got very little from the Academy breakin they didn't have enough time.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Report This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
burglaries

Yes, not robbery.

Because, like most things in life such as shooting and reporting, accuracy counts. Yes, "everyone" uses the "we were robbed", which draws much more attention than "we were burglarized". I didn't point out the misleading title or say anything other than talking about the numerous other burglaries this group has done.

I want to say that in the Academy Sports incident (it may have been one of the other gun store burglaries aka "robberies"), they shot up the ballistic glass cases trying to get the pistols in the cases. I don't think they got into the cases though.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Wow, not what I was expecting. These yutes were pretty coordinated. Hope they find the little fuckers....

Yeah... that was pretty well planned out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
A few observations and questions:

- For all the cars and perps involved, parked in the road, wearing clothing and masks that completely obscure their identities, many with multiple backpacks and/ or shoulder bags, carrying burglary tools like hammers... just milling around a closed business at 2AM... they sure didn't seem too concerned about being observed by passing drivers or a stray pedestrian.

They obviously had coordinated and planned for this heist, but we're not talking pros from Heat.

- They obviously weren't in much of a hurry until after the car crashed through the doors.

- They seemed to be focused on certain guns over others as a couple skipped past a few glass displays after peering inside.

- What was that black object tossed out of the lead escape car laying in the road? Mask or clothing?

- I could maybe see criminals diving through open getaway car windows if they were being chased or shot at, or if being chased by a guard dog...but why the theatrics of doing so when none of that was happening? They had perfectly good car doors to use that wouldn't have been any slower to use and might have been preferable when trying to shoehorn that many perps in without sitting on each other's laps.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My pointing out the terminology wasn’t to criticize anyone here, and not even Osage. Very few people know that a burglary is by definition not a robbery, and as stated, “robbery” gathers more attention even if someone does know the difference. But if no one ever points out that there’s a difference, no one will ever learn.

And there is always a few who agree with Humpty Dumpty that words should mean whatever the user wants them to mean, regardless of anyone else’s opinion.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Yeah... that was pretty well planned out.

The scumbags were doing this a couple years ago at the cell phone stores and some malls and stores:
1. Arrive in several stolen cars
2. Drive one stolen vehicle through doors
3. Run in and loot like it was St. Michael Brown's Day again
4. Jump in the other stolen cars and flee at high rates of speed. Most departments can't chase as it is a property crime and not a serious violent felony (armed robbery, murder, Assault 1st, kidnapping) and they know this.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see what additional security measures OCG puts in after this. A lot of gunshops, smaller ones anyway, put their sensitive inventory in safes when they're closed. Or maybe these yutes were just looking for parts to complete their "ghost" guns?

How soon after the burglary did the call to ban gun stores arrive? Look what happens if you allow these things to exist!

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
How soon after the burglary did the call to ban gun stores arrive? Look what happens if you allow these things to exist!

The Osage County Guns incident occurred in Warren County I believe(maybe still St. Charles County) and the Academy Sports incident is definitely in St. Charles County. Both St. Charles and Warren County are heavy Republican and heavy 2nd Amendment areas, joking referred to as "Deer Hunters Highway" as I70 travel through both.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
This is local to me, like right down the street in our small town local. The alarm went off, the emergency contact was contacted, and when he pulled up the cameras on the phone and saw what was going on they dispatched the police. Being a small town, the police weren't far away. I believe they said they were there in under a minute only to find everybody already gone.

They had concrete bollards all around the building, but the bad guys either got really lucky, or measured them at some point to see what they could squeeze between them.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Some folks broke in and took someone else's shit. Rob, burgle, aggressively borrow, call it whatever floats your boat. Those bollards certainly could have been a bit closer, but a guy should not need bollards to keep people from crashing stolen cars through his door.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Bet if they look at historical tapes they’ll see someone measuring the distance between the bollards. Either by foot or with a tape.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Locked at the OP's request.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post