SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomato Eating Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomato Eating Poll Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
A friend bought me this tomato yesterday at the Flea Market in Richwood, Kentucky. Unlike him, who simply tears into them with his teeth, allowing the juice to run down his beard, I am a tad more cultured, if you will.

My dilemma is choosing the right utensil to eat this fine specimen of tomattic deliciousness with.

To further complicate the matter, I left my damn salt, in a plastic dish pan, under a table, at the Richwood, Kentucky Flea Market. Please take this into consideration as you choose your answer and vote.

I thank you kindly for your thoughts and will let them influence how this tomato gets eaten.

Question:
Help me choose the correct utensil.Do I use utensil #1:

Utensil #2:

Utensil #3:

Choices:
1st Pair of Chop Sticks
2nd Pair of Chop Sticks
Tiny Swiss Army Knife

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just use my teeth, but were I to do otherwise, I'd use a knife. I think I'd choose a bigger one than a tiny Swiss Army Knife, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's not a knoife...

Posts: 33038 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Well, its certainly trying to be a knife... Big Grin

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'd just use my teeth. When I was a kid, I'd eat 'em in the garden that way. I always took a salt shaker with me though. Lordy, those tomatoes got soooo tasty in the Missouri sunshine.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
6 Votes for the Swiss Army Knife. Not looking too good for the chop sticks. Phew, I cant imagine the mess. Big Grin

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Stop into any fast food joint to buy a drink and grab a couple packets of salt. IMO, tomatoes need salt no matter how you eat them.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
Stop into any fast food joint to buy a drink and grab a couple packets of salt. IMO, tomatoes need salt no matter how you eat them.

Salt in one hand, tomato in the other.

First bite, unsalted. You owe the tomato that to taste it in its natural state.

Next, sprinkle salt, bite. Repeat.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Cut into pieces with the knife and proceed to dual fist chopsticks for optimized feeding.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Cut into pieces with the knife and proceed to dual fist chopsticks for optimized feeding.
How clever is that. I might give this a try.. Big Grin

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I voted #2. Better color contrast than #1, and you don't want to get all those juices in #3.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am sure glad you are the only one so far Fenris... Big Grin

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:

Salt in one hand, tomato in the other.

First bite, unsalted. You owe the tomato that to taste it in its natural state.

Next, sprinkle salt, bite. Repeat.

Here's your correct answer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'd go with d) get to the house, open the Sunbeam and get two slices of that, grab the fresh pepper grinder and the jar of Hellman's (Dukes, for you Phillistines) and slice that 'mater.

Maybe a giant glass of icy cold milk to wash it down.

But that's just me.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Add B & L to the T, plus Best Foods and S&P, on SD Bread

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I didn't think I'd see the way I grew up eating 'maters. It's the way Dad did it, so it's The Right Way Razz

I may be the only person outside my family that does it this way.

Sliced thick onto a chilled plate. Just a touch of cider vinegar. Salt, pepper and a sprinkling of sugar. Eat it with a fork.

OTOH, when I was able to sneak into the garden unobserved, it was me, the dog and a salt shaker...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Add B & L to the T, plus Best Foods and S&P, on SD Bread

Winner! Must have bacon to consume with that big ol red mater!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd chuck it out the window while driving on the interstate, followed shortly by anyone foolish enough to "gift" me one of those damn things. Birds gotta eat too (I hate tomatoes, in case you haven't guessed).
All that said, I voted option #2. Wish I would've learned to use them.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2783 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Somehow, I didn't think I'd see the way I grew up eating 'maters. It's the way Dad did it, so it's The Right Way Razz

I may be the only person outside my family that does it this way.

Sliced thick onto a chilled plate. Just a touch of cider vinegar. Salt, pepper and a sprinkling of sugar. Eat it with a fork.

OTOH, when I was able to sneak into the garden unobserved, it was me, the dog and a salt shaker...

I think minus the sugar, I'm gonna have to try it your old man's way. That sounds sublime.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I'd go with d) get to the house, open the Sunbeam and get two slices of that, grab the fresh pepper grinder and the jar of Hellman's (Dukes, for you Phillistines) and slice that 'mater.

I have it on good authority that Hellman's is the go-to for philistines, but sometimes there's an enlightenment and they join the ranks of those of us in the civilized world eating Duke's or, perhaps, Blue Plate.

The savages are eating Miracle Whip and are a complete lost cause. Wink

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post