SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess we were supposed to “fall back”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess we were supposed to “fall back” Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Last night. My old iphone says it’s 4:47, my watch suggests 5:47. In all the excitement of Halloween and the election and the plague, I just forgot about changing the clock.

Posts: 27184 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Your watch is defective. Just toss it this way.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Q, you and I seem to frequent this place at all hours. Might I guess you're an insomniac as well?

And yeah, I fell back but got up. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Followed the time change and fed my dog at the usual 0500, which in her mind was 0600. I got the "WTF?" treatment. Now I have to go outside and take a scolding from the horses...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In a perhaps unrelated note, my phone calendar reminded me that an asteroid might hit Earth tomorrow. It’s a little dinky one though, so even if it did, it wouldn’t be a real bad deal. Especially compared to the rest of this shit that’s going on.

The interwebs are saying it might be good to start worrying about something bad happening in 2068, though. A big asteroid called “The God of Chaos” could hit us that year. I’ll be dead by then, probably, so you younger folks will have to handle my share of the worrying. Thank you.

Posts: 27184 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The main clock stays on MST, currently ahead +2 of EST. I'll get around to the others by Tuesday ...

In the 'future' people will live in their own time cycle, with computers integrating their chosen cycle with the world around them.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, Daylight Wasting Time is upon us.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Daylight Savings time ending snuck up on me this year. I thought it was still a couple weeks away. Confused

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I just set six clocks. The sundial was especially difficult. My other clocks were adjusted automatically.

"Daylight savings time" is a lie; not one second of daylight is saved. Perhaps it should be called "Clock adjusted time".

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

There always seems to be an uptick in this with the end of DST. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Arizona we don't do daylight savings time.

Posts: 211 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Luckily, any of my analog clocks that require a ladder to reach are automatically set. That doesn't include changing a battery every year or so.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Q, you and I seem to frequent this place at all hours. Might I guess you're an insomniac as well?

My internal clock has been out of whack since college days. It's unrepairable. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
On a related note, the clock on my microwave tells the correct time again! Well, at least until spring I guess.

Posts: 2047 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Since we don’t play the DST game here in AZ, I don’t have to reset any clocks, but I DO have to reset my BRAIN to remember the time difference between Central and Eastern time, since the other folks in my organization with whom I regularly speak are in those time zones. Resetting clocks might be easier than resetting my old brain... Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1748 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since we don’t play the DST game here in AZ, I don’t have to reset any clocks, but I DO have to reset my BRAIN to remember the time difference between Central and Eastern time...

I can't figure out why we still do this every year... it seems like an anachronism that has no useful purpose.
Good for AZ! The rest of us should follow suit.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24642 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's an AI chatbot. You could't tell?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

My internal clock has been out of whack since college days. It's unrepairable. Big Grin
I've been out of sync with the World since birth. I typically fall asleep around 0400 (when "morning people" are getting up).

My computer, cable box, and phone self-adjust; I have one clock that stays on CST; but I have to reset my alarm clock (no biggie) and grandfather clock (a real pain).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Haven't experienced DST in 6 years...one less worry is nice.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6626 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post