SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appliance Problem - LG Dryer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance Problem - LG Dryer Login/Join 
posted
Our LG dryer, Model DLE1501W (seven years old), started to display the error code d80 and turns on the Flow Sensor icon. The dryer dries well but shuts down before the clothes are dry. The owners manual says this error code means there is a blockage in the vent pipe. Had a guy come out and clean the vent all the way to the roof. Didn't help.

I'm thinking some sort of high limit switch or possibly a thermostat. Any help appreciated.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I often find YouTube extraordinarily helpful in diagnosing and repairing these things. ymmv

We fixed a gas dryer with a $8 solenoid replacement saving us literally hundreds.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you pull out the lint filter/screen, is there a bunch of lint in the bottom of that compartment?If so, might try cleaning that area out.

Posts: 264 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I often find YouTube extraordinarily helpful in diagnosing and repairing these things. ymmv

We fixed a gas dryer with a $8 solenoid replacement saving us literally hundreds.

As long as you have the right video. Wink
What would have taken a professional an hr. to fix takes me a whole day. Two days if I watch the wrong video where they have me try to take the back off the washer to access the innards. Mad Big Grin

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post