SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don’t always shop at Whole Foods...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don’t always shop at Whole Foods... Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I can understand that. My comment was based on the spot not being equipped with a charger.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd sooner shop for my groceries at the Kwik-E-Mart.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not generally go there but yesterday did stop ( on vacation and it just happened to be the easiest to get to in an unfamiliar town)
Noticed the no guns allowed sign which I ignored on the way in.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Egregore that is tremendous.

I miss that guy. The new guy sux

This is a great thread. Especially in light of many of the K-9 and other threads that is not too good in the way of happenings.

Thanks black.

ps, screw the electric car crowd!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don’t shop at Whole Foods because it’s uppity and the cost is obscene. I loathe the place. But I do daily drive an electric car and thought I’d warn you. If you block a charger, park in that space, etc, you can be towed if someone calls it in. After waiting for access for far too long at another establishment I’ve done it myself. Wrecker showed up in 5 minutes because it’s easy money for them. Then your cute joke has turned into an expensive one. You should remember that there are some 2A folks, who vote with you, that drive them. So I wouldn’t go stereotyping all. A guy at work drives a Prius who is a Republican, carries, etc, I’ve talked to him. He got so tired of the bullshit he put a bumper sticker on his car that says “Not a Liberal.” He has a small farm out in the country and drives a F250 diesel on the weekends so uses the fuel efficient Prius as a commuter car only. He told me he ran calculations on cost per mile and that vehicle won for long term use. His commute is 55-60 Miles iirc and his has high mileage on it. We discussed the hypocrisy because I DD an EV. He did ask if I drove it to the range and I said yes, and told him the looks and conversations were priceless. The funniest being when I got my SBR engraved. He said he would have bought or leased my car instead if it was available when he bought his and said he’d give zero fucks about the stereotypes and would have slapped the same bumper sticker on it. I guess I am going to have to put a NRA sticker on mine or something although I hate letting people know or inviting a burglary attempt because many times I do stow a long gun. Hard to win with stereotypes. My own side flinging shit at their own. Stereotypes are bullshit.

Not sure anywhere in my post did I say anything negative about those that choose to drive electric vehicles. I was just pointing out the stark contrast that does look pretty funny when in the lot.
As for driving an electric car, I have no qualms against it and know plenty of conservative folks that do. Depending upon how this next Tesla turns out may have to get one myself. If we did not have kiddos and the extra discretionary income was what it used to be I actually would have been part of the $1,000 initial deposit crew. But current case I’ll need to test and evaluate an actual product prior to ponying up any cash.

Not going to get towed here unless there are proper markings indicating as such which in this particular lot there are not.
I also did not park in a charger spot. The way they are laid out is there is a single post with two cords one for each side of the post. Then there are 2 regular spots before the next charging post. I parked in a regular spot.

So which model do you have?
Yesterday there was a Volt, a leaf, and 2 Teslas.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Ohh same here can’t afford that.
I went the 1st time to get a free $10 was in the shopping center where it was anyway and yesterday to get something specific suggested by the Pediatrician.

Though I do have to say their salad bar and pizza bar looked really good.

But groceries, nope.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Ohh same here can’t afford that.
I went the 1st time to get a free $10 was in the shopping center where it was anyway and yesterday to get something specific suggested by the Pediatrician.

Though I do have to say their salad bar and pizza bar looked really good.

But groceries, nope.

the one in town has a really good food bar(s),

we only go for a few specialty items (wife is celiac) and I go with her to look at the beer variety,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10592 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Don't hang around these food bars to long and watch what happens. Ah, no thanks. Been there done that and ain't going back. Be may guest boys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There is a Whole Foods in the neighborhood where my office is. But it is a very upscale neighborhood and the cars there are Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Escalades, and more than a few exotics. Very few Priuses and Volts.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
So which model do you have?
Yesterday there was a Volt, a leaf, and 2 Teslas.

Leaf. Like you, no way I’d buy without putting my foot in the water first. Leased one for $199 a month (well mine was $240 a month because I elected to go with range topping model for the Bose system, heated seats, etc) for 36 months. End of lease they (Nissan) offered it to me for a little less than 7k to buy it, so I did. They also offered a bumper to bumper warranty for $1600 for 6 years (from the day I bought it, not from the day leased, important distinction) so I added that. With taxes title, etc, about $9500 purchase. It’s my daily, my beater and it’s been awesome. In some ways the best car I’ve owned. I have a gas car for the weekends so it’s a good setup for me. The Leaf is the donkey in my fleet. 100% USA or sun powered. I want our country to be energy independent so we can tell the Middle East to go fuck itself. I’m doing my part. I use gas for fun, necessity use is all electric.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't shop at Whole Foods, either. (I guess I prefer the taste of stuff that has chemicals added....)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ I can understand that. My comment was based on the spot not being equipped with a charger.

flashguy
The spot I parked in did not have a charger and neither did the other 11 spots. It was pure virtue signalling that didn't sit well with their pick-up driving tenants.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I went into a Whole Foods in the 1990s.

They didn't have toothpaste. It's not that they were out of stock. They did not carry toothpaste. Oh, gee, how fucking special and Goddamned organic you are, you crunchy douchebags. Roll Eyes

Haven't been back since.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I loathe Whole Foods. It is pretentious, egregiously over-priced, and just plain silly. Plus they have the worst parking lots/drivers of all retail places I have visited. I have shopped in there 3 times, haven't been back in years.

Where I now live, we have a place called Central Market, an upscale market with a more down to earth attitude, better deli, cheese, bakery, meats, etc. and much better pricing. Blows WF out of the water. And I don't believe they have electric car charging spaces.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post