SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don’t always shop at Whole Foods...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don’t always shop at Whole Foods... Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
but when I do I always park my Expedition EL between all those plugged in vehicles Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like this thread.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
but when I do I always park my Expedition EL between all those plugged in vehicles Razz

EL. Extra Large? Cool

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Is that where it stopped rolling? Razz

I kid....I kid Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
But when I do, I spend my whole paycheck.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sounds similar to my day. I had a meeting at an oil & gas consultant's office, and their parking lot was 99% full. The last spot in the entire lot was posted for fuel efficient vehicle parking. There were 12 fuel efficient vehicle spots total and there was 1 Prius and 10 half ton and larger pick-up trucks there so I just parked my pick-up in the last spot.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Too bad you can't roll coal exiting the parking lot: D

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Sounds similar to my day. I had a meeting at an oil & gas consultant's office, and their parking lot was 99% full. The last spot in the entire lot was posted for fuel efficient vehicle parking. There were 12 fuel efficient vehicle spots total and there was 1 Prius and 10 half ton and larger pick-up trucks there so I just parked my pick-up in the last spot.
Does Houston have a law specifying that parking lot spaces can be reserved for fuel-efficient vehicles, or does that facility just do it on its own? If there is no specific law about it, it's not illegal to park there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Does Houston have a law specifying that parking lot spaces can be reserved for fuel-efficient vehicles, or does that facility just do it on its own? If there is no specific law about it, it's not illegal to park there.

flashguy
No law quoted on the signs and no threats of towing posted on the signs.

Frankly, the parking lot was designed by a sociopath. Parking garage shaped like an E with dead ends so if there are no spots you have to back up.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

EL. Extra Large? Cool

Pretty sure it actually stands for Extended Length.
While GM names their differently based on size
Tahoe/Suburban
Ford kept the the same just adding the EL, though for 2018 they went to the Canadian Max name for the full length.

quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Is that where it stopped rolling? Razz

I kid....I kid Big Grin

Hey low blow. I got that fixed!

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
But when I do, I spend my whole paycheck.

Not this guy.

Been twice. Once to activate my Amazon/Whole Foods app to get $10 for Prime Day and yesterday as the Dr. Said they had the better melatonin for the kiddo they did not.

————————————————

The Constable
posted Hide Post
In the Summer...lots of young gals with short cotton dresses and no bra. I LIKE whole Foods too. For the scenery...Not the prices.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Ah, so that's your Camaro parked in the ogling slot at the Helena store Big Grin

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Ah, so that's your Camaro parked in the ogling slot at the Helena store Big Grin

Busted! After a look in Capital Shorts...walk over, get a sandwich and ogle.

Though the Missoula store seems to hold the best scenery.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Around here you put your life on the line going to Whole Paycheck. Several hundred "I'm the most important woman in the world" broads whipping a Benz around the lot at high speeds looking for something to crash into. No thanks.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this guy. Priceless!

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
What....No Pics? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
What....No Pics? Wink

It was raining and had all 3 boys with me. That is a chore itself

————————————————

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t shop at Whole Foods because it’s uppity and the cost is obscene. I loathe the place. But I do daily drive an electric car and thought I’d warn you. If you block a charger, park in that space, etc, you can be towed if someone calls it in. After waiting for access for far too long at another establishment I’ve done it myself. Wrecker showed up in 5 minutes because it’s easy money for them. Then your cute joke has turned into an expensive one. You should remember that there are some 2A folks, who vote with you, that drive them. So I wouldn’t go stereotyping all. A guy at work drives a Prius who is a Republican, carries, etc, I’ve talked to him. He got so tired of the bullshit he put a bumper sticker on his car that says “Not a Liberal.” He has a small farm out in the country and drives a F250 diesel on the weekends so uses the fuel efficient Prius as a commuter car only. He told me he ran calculations on cost per mile and that vehicle won for long term use. His commute is 55-60 Miles iirc and his has high mileage on it. We discussed the hypocrisy because I DD an EV. He did ask if I drove it to the range and I said yes, and told him the looks and conversations were priceless. The funniest being when I got my SBR engraved. He said he would have bought or leased my car instead if it was available when he bought his and said he’d give zero fucks about the stereotypes and would have slapped the same bumper sticker on it. I guess I am going to have to put a NRA sticker on mine or something although I hate letting people know or inviting a burglary attempt because many times I do stow a long gun. Hard to win with stereotypes. My own side flinging shit at their own. Stereotypes are bullshit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post