SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scuffles ensue when anti-impeachment protesters interrupt Schiff town hall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scuffles ensue when anti-impeachment protesters interrupt Schiff town hall Login/Join 
posted

https://www.washingtonexaminer...upt-schiff-town-hall

Protesters opposed to the impeachment of President Trump interrupted Rep. Adam Schiff while he was honoring the victims of the Armenian genocide during a town hall, which led to scuffles among attendees.

Shouts of "liar!" were directed at the California Democrat, who is chairman the House Intelligence Committee, during the Saturday night event. Protesters donning shirts supporting Trump held up signs that said, "Don't impeach," and began shouting at the congressman as he spoke at the Glendale Library in Glendale, California.

Many in the crowd shouted at the president's supporters to leave as they continued their disruption. When some attendees asked them to stop yelling, scuffles broke out throughout the room. After about 15 minutes, the chaos settled down. Three police officers helped deal with the incident and said no injuries were reported.

Before ending their protest, Trump supporters also shouted to Schiff, "You will be in jail!"

Schiff has led many of the impeachment hearings against Trump. He faced criticism in October for paraphrasing the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that sparked the impeachment process, but he later claimed his summary of the call was "at least part in parody." Republicans have also accused him of abusing his power by issuing subpoenas demanding access to colleagues' phone records in the process.

The event on Saturday was meant as a "thank you" from the Armenian government for the passage of a resolution recognizing the genocide that took place over 100 years ago and claimed the lives of more than 1 million people. The resolution, co-sponsored by Schiff, confirms the United States's acknowledgment that the mass deaths were part of a genocide, something NATO ally Turkey has notably rejected.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Those leftist assholes don't know what to think when their won tactics are used against them.....more signs that the silent majority has had about enough of the left's bullshit.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Like button depressed....

Absolute pandemonium within thirty seconds...couldn’t hear shifty ..he didn’t address it and tried to keep talking over it...like the loser he is....

More people need to go to disturb his speaking...

Someone snatched the protestors banner....and started a tug of war..

Then someone said something about “little Adam Schiff liddle kids foundation “. What’s that about?

Hahahahahahahaha

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Anyone, but most especially elderly men who ought to know better, angrily grabbing at my wife for saying something they didn't like would get a lot more for their efforts from me than "don't touch my wife!"

That guy left without an assault and battery charge, and I know he wouldn't have if he'd righteously popped a few people in the mouth - people that were grabbing at his wife.

Hey, radical leftists threw open wide this door. It's been opened now. This was nothing compared to the Kavanaugh hearings. I foresee much, much more of this.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Then someone said something about “little Adam Schiff liddle kids foundation “. What’s that about?

Hahahahahahahaha

I ignorantly opened a google search link for it that someone posted on another forum earlier and immediately regretted it. It's about what it sounds like. The key is in the spelling. Change the first letter to one of the first five in the alphabet.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
2:32 in the video

Question: “What’s your name?”
Answer: “Epstein”

Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Those leftist assholes don't know what to think when their won tactics are used against them.....more signs that the silent majority has had about enough of the left's bullshit.

Exactly.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
In a way I hate to see conservatives resort to the same disruptive tactics used by the left. The liberal media blows it out of proportion, and the public will see only conservatives as being intolerant.

It would have been funny to see a shoe go flying by his head though.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to love it! Lets continue to give these democrat BASTARDS a taste of their own medicine.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
In a way I hate to see conservatives resort to the same disruptive tactics used by the left. The liberal media blows it out of proportion, and the public will see only conservatives as being intolerant.

It would have been funny to see a shoe go flying by his head though.

I understand your reservations on it. The truth is, what we have been doing isn’t working. Time to try something different.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I agree. Sad to resort to this.

But it’s time to give them a taste of their own tactics. They’ve shut us up for too long, I’m glad people are finally having enough of their shit and giving it back.

For a long time, people have kept their heads down, ignored it, etc...I think that time is nearing an end.

Democrats have finally gone too far.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think for a lot of us, the Trump era, and especially the Kavanaugh hearings are our political Pearl Harbor. We were happy enough to be left alone, but some people really had to just try and land a haymaker, and instead woke the sleeping giant.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I agree.
We've done the high road thing to death and we've got jack and shit to show for it. No matter what we do the media will paint it in the worst possible light so let's get to chore'n.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Where are the souffles?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Where are the souffles?

Three spaces to the right of your left shift key.

But only if you aotually watch the video.

Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Republicans have been too nice. McCain and Romney would fight Obama's Chicago attack dogs and their dirty tricks. They tried to stay above it and fight fair And they lost, big time.

While this is honorable, fighting fair against a dirty opponent doesn't really work. It works only when there is an impartial referee, or other party that can see the dirty tactics and call them out for what they are.

However, the media is 90% Democrat and heavily biased. They will not call out the left's dirty tricks, but will come down hard on any sign of it by conservatives. Leftists have participated in protests and demonstrations for decades calling for all kinds of violence, but the first time conservatives actually organized into the "tea party" they were smeared as racists, white supremacists, and terrorists, while claims were fabricated about "racist" incidents allegedly perpetrated by tea party members and given the weight of fact in the media when they were in fact hoaxes. Just the mere organization and peaceful demonstration of protest against Obamacare brought the full force of a media smear campaign.

The deck is stacked. Conservatives fear the onslaught of negative press from 90% of the media if they do what the Democrats commonly do, further brainwashing the public against conservatives.

How do you fight back against a dirty opponent back by almost the entire media while making it blatantly obvious to the public what is really going on?

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Anyone, but most especially elderly men who ought to know better, angrily grabbing at my wife for saying something they didn't like would get a lot more for their efforts from me than "don't touch my wife!"

I was thinking the same thing. I'd give exactly one stern warning like that, and if no compliance, the continuum of force ratchets upwards rapidly until compliance occurs.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
About Effin time!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post