SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burgers On The GrillGrates, WOW!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burgers On The GrillGrates, WOW! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I bought a small set of the GrillGrates this year and have been using them for various things but have really loved how you can flip them over to create a griddle that allows you to make amazing burgers, juicy with a great crust. Unlike a cast iron pan or griddle, there are holes in this setup that allow some grease to drain and flare up a tiny bit to give you nice flavor but not blacken your food.

I made some nice 1.5 inch thick patties and seasoned with sea salt and pepper, got the GrillGrates nice and ripping hot on my gas grill then placed the patties on about 2 mins each side to give me a nice dark crust and medium/medium-well doneness and they honestly were some of the best burgers I've had in years.

Anyone else use them? The more I use them, the more I love them! I really think the guy who came up with this idea really knocked it out of the park, you get a nice grilling or searing with 99% of the food-burning flare-ups GONE.

If anyone wants to try them, use the GRATE15 code to get 15% off. They aren't cheap, but are solid anodized aluminum and should last virtually forever unlike cast iron.

GrillGrate

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
My grill is very unevenly heated. I will check those out. Thanks for posting.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Those look pretty good.
For hamburgers I quit placing them directly on the grille and went to a cast iron griddle .
I got tired of the burgers falling through or breaking up and I use the flat side to cook in it's own grease.
Works out MUCH better for burgers.
The grille grates look like it could be useful for other items though. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Bought the 5 section Grill Grates for my Genesis. Love them. Usually have 3 sides up, for burgers, steaks. Just like yours they work great. Switch them around for ribs, sausages as needed.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:... They aren't cheap, but are solid anodized aluminum and should last virtually forever unlike cast iron....

Bruce Gray would say: "Get some damned meat!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:... They aren't cheap, but are solid anodized aluminum and should last virtually forever unlike cast iron....

Bruce Gray would say: "Get some damned greasy meat!"
FIFY

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post