SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flat screen tv's through Fed Ex and U.P.S. shipping
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flat screen tv's through Fed Ex and U.P.S. shipping Login/Join 
posted
Do these tv's actually arrive in one piece?

do most have problems , right out of the box.

Geez
they seem way to delicate to be flopping and flipping ,bouncing and banging through hither and yon

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
They make the same type of trip from manufacturer to corner retailer via boat, truck, etc...being handled multiple times in the process. What's the difference ?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OT- A European Bicycle company was being destroyed by damage during shipment. They relabeled their bike boxes as Flat Screen TV's and the damage dropped dramatically.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
They usually come very well boxed. You’ll be dealing with all the styrofoam and cardboard afterwards. But they’ll be that way too from the BBS.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The difference is they aren’t shipped individually from China. The risk of damage is much higher shipping one by itself.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I had two (separate shipments) 65" OLED get destroyed during shipping. Mine was shipped via UPS freight. We went with Crutchfield and they immediately replaced each unit. Make sure the company you order from has a good return policy.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
yEsno

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Had larger (34")computer LCD that FedEx threw around enough to destroy. B&H was GREAT about replacing it.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Those flat screens come to dealers stacked properly, the risk with a shipper like UPS/FedEx is they can get laid down improperly being transferred from truck, to dock, to truck, to local truck, they are handled significantly more times.

UPS and FedEx use automated shipping sorting and routing systems in the hubs for air shipping, lots of handling and such.

From Distributor to merchant it's most likely handled once on the dock then delivered directly to the merchants shop

That being said other than getting one that you have to return for another and the subsequent wait time I doubt the damage pct is any greater than any other box shipped.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I bought a 65" from Sam's Club and it was delivered by granny and grandpa in a station wagon. No problems but a bit odd.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I had one delivered from NY to GA two years ago with no problems.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I decided to buy locally due to the danger in shipping/being laid flat.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How big is the TV? Do you know it's coming UPS/Fedex or are you assuming.

I think most big TVs are delivered by dedicated shipping services (ie not the big package companies) who are more specialized for that type of cargo.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Costco anywhere near you? If so I would buy from them.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I drove a delivery truck, on a route, for five years. You have no idea how many times That television will go up-and-down inclines, gravity feed rollers, and transported by the human hand. That will happen at every stop between the original shipping origin, and the final delivery hub. After that, it's loaded on the delivery truck and dropped off at your door. With that being said, I would never, ever, order a TV online to be delivered by FedEx or UPS.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Ordered my last one from Amazon.
1st two came damaged.
They overnighted the replacement each time. Just a pain reboxing them to send back.
I kept the cords, remote, and stand from the original so all I was doing was repacking the display itself.
Saved a bunch of time with all those little plastic sleeves the accessories come in.

Like others said they are shipped like that to the stores.

If there is ANY box damage refuse delivery to save yourself time.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I worked at big brown for 37 years, pepsiblue has nailed it.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks very much for helping me decide

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Buy locally. Years ago when plasma was the thing I ordered a 65" Plasma. It was delivered by UPS. It was at my door and when I opened it, cracked screen.

Sent it back and had another delivered. I see FedEx backing into my driveway, by the time I get I out the door, she's pushing it off the back and I hear all the glass breaking. I see another box in the back of the truck (they screwed up and sent two replacements thankfully) and ask if that's mine, before she could answer, I hop in the back of the truck and carry the tv out and told her she can have the broken one back. I shove it back into her truck and said I'm only taking delivery of the one I carried out.

No more TV purchases online for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
... worked at UPS for a while long ago... I can still remember the distinctive *ping* noise when a golf club gets snapped in half due to a jam on the conveyor line.
A tv gets the same treatment. So, I've never ordered one online for delivery.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post