SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hertz Just Filed Bankruptcy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hertz Just Filed Bankruptcy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
I have to drive twice as far to get a rental, which is usually twice a week.

Have you asked about a long-term rental?

If you are renting twice a week, I would think you might be able to get them to let you keep a car for an entire week for less than the cost of two days.

Each time you rent a car they have to turn it around. If you keep it for several weeks they only have to turn the car around once.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
No one is traveling, no one is renting cars.

The huge parking lots outside of Philadelphia’s sports stadiums are filled with rental cars from these companies right now.

This and Uber and Lyft were killing them already.

Yup. I haven’t rented a car for business in years despite traveling 70-80 percent of the year. I either walk or Uber everywhere.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm torn. Their location at the Nashville Airport did me dirty. Their corporate wouldn't help rectify the situation either. I swore I wouldn't give them another dime and haven't.

On the other hand, I understand that jobs are at stake.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
I have to drive twice as far to get a rental, which is usually twice a week.

Have you asked about a long-term rental?

If you are renting twice a week, I would think you might be able to get them to let you keep a car for an entire week for less than the cost of two days.

Each time you rent a car they have to turn it around. If you keep it for several weeks they only have to turn the car around once.
I'd think a lease might be more cost effective, assuming the company was open to it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only will a used car be a more attractive option than a new one but many people need to be able to trade for a new car. Dealer offers for trade ins are crappy when values are high, now people won't even be offered enough to come close to paying their old ride off. The repercussions from all of this stupidity are only beginning.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My Daughter brought Hertz used car sales to my attention last week, looked like good prices.
Should she wait now for better prices or should she expect that this is as good as it gets.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
The Hertz prices may come down, but I am fairly confident the car market as a whole is going to come down some more.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Just last night after reading this thread, I checked out the Hertz used vehicle sales site.

Numerous F150 4x4 circa 2018 in the $27-28K range. White/blue/gray color choices. No list of actual options but in the "XLT" trim level.

Since I'm "in the market" I've been looking for 'best deals'. So far that isn't as good a deal as I intend to settle for.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I wonder just how flogged and beaten these were under rental.

Hertz Yellow 2019 Z06's

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I wonder just how flogged and beaten these were under rental.

Hertz Yellow 2019 Z06's

It's a Corvette, they were built to be driven hard. If I had the money and desire and it was a good enough price (I don't know what the market for C7 Z06s are going for), I wouldn't hesitate to buy one after a thorough inspection.

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post