SIGforum
Paypal gets sued by cut off conservative Vdare.com

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8140055754

June 06, 2019, 11:49 AM
jimb888
Paypal gets sued by cut off conservative Vdare.com
Things should get interesting as Paypal obsentibly cut them off due to their political bias. It would be nice to be able to avoid paypal, but they are everywhere and it would be very difficult. Maybe they can get straightened out in court. Never heard of these folks before this, but wish them well in court!

https://vdare.com/articles/edi...ction-against-paypal
June 06, 2019, 12:16 PM
V-Tail
quote:
From the linked article:

ou can earmark your donation for our suit against PayPal . . . by checking the “Earmark your Donation”
Can we donate via PayPal?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 06, 2019, 01:16 PM
Jelly
quote:
It would be nice to be able to avoid paypal, but they are everywhere and it would be very difficult.

Not difficult at all. Never had a paypal account, never will.
June 06, 2019, 01:18 PM
maximus_flavius
I really wisht more conservatives would sue the entities that discriminate against us.

If we must “bake the cake”, they have to serve us also.
June 06, 2019, 01:25 PM
nasig
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
It would be nice to be able to avoid paypal, but they are everywhere and it would be very difficult.

agreed. get along fine without them.. f'em
June 06, 2019, 01:25 PM
parabellum
Good, I hate those sons o' bitches.

Matter of fact, I was a trendsetter. I hated PayPal long before it became fashionable to do so.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
June 06, 2019, 01:35 PM
az4783054
While not 2A connected, ebay/paypal screwed me out of $200 several years ago. My ebay account was hacked and the hacker used my account name for three fraudulent motorcycle accounts. The actual motorcycle owner reported it to ebay/paypal.

My account was locked for two weeks while they "investigated". I lost sales on car parts during that time. When I was exonerated and my account released, ebay/paypal withheld $200. I argued with them for another two weeks to no avail. There was no further appeals process. I haven't used ebay/paypal since.

I hope Vdare.com gets a huge judgement against them. I'd like to see Bloomberg get the same for pressuring banks/credit card companies against the NRA and gun sales.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
June 06, 2019, 03:33 PM
zoom6zoom
Girl I know said, Oh, I don't use them anymore, I switched to Venmo.

Uh, girl.... PayPal owns Venmo.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
June 06, 2019, 03:52 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:

agreed. get along fine without them.. f'em

Just because you don't have an account doesn't mean you haven't used them before.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle