SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Florida or Georgia Beach
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Florida or Georgia Beach Login/Join 
posted
Mrs Ironworker has decided that she wants to take her first post Covid vaccine trip to the beach. We had settled on Florida, but since Bidden is down on Georgia, it is being considered also. We have been to beaches in New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and South Carolina. She does not want to wear a mask or if she has to, not very much. She wants a beachfront hotel, maybe a boardwalk, nice restaurants and maybe shopping. Picture a bunch of people, beach umbrellas and maybe lifeguards. Does anyone know which beaches in Florida or Georgia would fit that description?

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caladesi Island State Park is wonderful white sands, near Clearwater on the Gulf. You have to take a ferry out to it. While on the ferry we saw lots of dolphins.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I haven't experienced enough variety to be an aficionado but we love Daytona. Lots to do in the area and the beach is nice if that's all you want to do. We always stay in an ocean facing room on the beach. Sometimes it's nice just to watch the waves breaking from your balcony.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Gulf Shores, AL area over other places on the FL Pan Handle

I really like the spots closer to Ft. Morgan, we have rented houses on the beach several times

Posts: 5351 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
We spent our 50th on Sanibel Island. Beachfront condos, good restaurants, more laid back than some other areas.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No masks on any beach in Florida, there are lots of options, Panhandle has sugar sand beaches, lots of seafood to eat, West coast From Tampa south, Longboat Key, Siesta Key by Sarasota all good beaches, Captiva, all the way to Marco Island.

On the East side, Up by JAX you have Amelia Island more upscale, nice beaches, resorts old time FL town, Ponte Vedra south of JAX, Hilton Garden Inn, Ponte Vedra Inn and Club, you can golf, going further south, St Augustine, Daytona, New Symrna, more touristy, sill good beaches and more to do.

Theres a beach for every bathing suit, and some where you don't LOL, ie Playalinda Cocoa Beach will get you near the Cape, so if you play it right you can stand on the beach and watch Musk launch a rocket.

All depends on what type of beach and activity you are looking for... and how far you want to go to get there.

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Caladesi Island State Park is wonderful white sands, near Clearwater on the Gulf. You have to take a ferry out to it. While on the ferry we saw lots of dolphins.[/p

Come on, man. Quiet about Caladesi, enough people there already

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Destin area is hard to beat for the best beaches, great shopping, and good restaurants. Typical touresty beach shopping, to really nice outlet shops. Fine dining to beachside burgers and seafood. Not sure about budget. Anything from smaller places where you can walk out to the beach, to high rises.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sand Pearl on Clearwater Beach. The Longboat Key Club in Sarasota. Marco Island just south of Naples. I’m a native Floridian and these are the places I go when I want a beach vacation on the west coast.

They are in order from most occupied to least (more people, but also more shops, restaurants) in Clearwater, then Longboat (St. Armands), then Marco.

I’d strongly consider Sarasota. Close to everything you could want but feels secluded, and once you’re south of Tampa Bay the water looks like the Caribbean.

ETA, the Omni on Amelia Island (east coast of Florida just north of Jacksonville) is awesome and checks a lot of your boxes, and it’s much closer if you’re driving. Nearby Fernandina is a very picturesque beach town. The west coast beaches are nicer though, IMHO.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
We love Destin, Siesta or Longboat Key near Sarasota and Sanibel as others have recommended.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are sitting in our VRBO as I type just about a half mile south of Turtle Beach on Siesta Key FL. Love this place and really like the Sarasota area.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We spend winters in Destin. We love the Emerald Coast and all that goes with it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love the beach at Cape San Blas. Especially towards the northern end of the cape.

Posts: 2160 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
We're off to Sanibel for the third time in a month or so. Love it.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHat are you looking for besides the beach?

St. Augustine beach is very nice and many really cool historical things to do.

Sanibel/Captiva is very nice and really laid back. South Seas Plantation is very nice.

NW. Florida is very nice too.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Anywhere from PCB west to Gulf Shores. The beaches are pretty much identical in that stretch. Santa Rosa, Grayton, Seaside, Alys, etc. Or Navarre and Destin. Or Perdido, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores.

The Lodge at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores is fantastic.

I'm born and raised in Georgia but the beaches don't really compare. St Simon's is a cool town, Amelia Island is lovely, Sea Island is really nice, as well. We typically go to either 30A or Hilton Head.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10498 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Sand Pearl on Clearwater Beach. The Longboat Key Club in Sarasota. Marco Island just south of Naples. I’m a native Floridian and these are the places I go when I want a beach vacation on the west coast.

I’m from Tampa, these and Panama City( but I have heard it’s all commercialized now)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11305 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
I like New Smyrna beach because I can drive on it. I have all my beach gear in the truck for the family as well as my fishing gear. It just makes a day at the beach so much easier.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Siesta Key in Sarasota

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Spent the month of March on Siesta Key. It was phenomenal the first 2 weeks. Then Spring Break started. Frown

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post