SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Charlie Watts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Charlie Watts Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Thank you for the good memories, the uplifting energy and the rest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...tts-died-age-80.html

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12134 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He was rockin' at 80 and that ain't bad.
RIP

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn!
I always thought he'd out-live them all.

What a loss to Rock and Roll

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Hey let him follow you down
Way underground wind and he's bound
Bound to follow you down
Just a dead beat right off the street
Bound to follow you down
Well the ballrooms and smelly bordellos
And dressing rooms filled with parasites
On stage the band has got problems
They're a bag of nerves on first nights
He ain't tied down to no home town
Yeah, and he thought he was wreckless
You think he's bad, he thinks you're mad
Yeah, and the guitar player gets restless
And his coat is torn and frayed
It's seen much better days
Just as long as the guitar plays
Let it steal your heart away
Joe's got a cough, sounds kind a rough
Yeah, and the codeine to fix it
Doctor prescribes, drug store supplies
Who's gonna help him to kick it

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Charlie! R I P ,

Thanks to you sigmonkey! I was into that tune!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Damn, that sucks.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
RIP Charlie - A great drummer.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He was a fine drummer, and the steadiest, most normal of the Stones.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Charlie was a great drummer with just a basic set of drums, never changed that.

I enjoyed your drumming, Charlie. RIP

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer. RIP Charlie

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Charlie was a great drummer. Perfect drummer for the Stones.

He played just enough. Not too much, not too little.

Simple and with purpose. RIP Charlie Frown

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6142 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the Stones in concert three times, most recently almost exactly two years ago, August 2019 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. I spent most of my time watching Watts, I've just always been intrigued by the drums (even though I can barely play the stereo). What a loss for rock music and for our generation in particular.

Posts: 551 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
His passing is a huge loss. As said, he did just enough and with a basic set to be all the drummer the Stones needed. RIP!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38700 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm saddened to learn of Charlie's passing, he was my favorite drummer.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7110 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news

RIP Charlie and thanks for the music

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The Stones were great in concert. (1989 ?) Steel Wheels Tour. I feel privileged to have been there to see them live. RIP Charlie, you will be missed.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I never say them live but played a bunch of covers in my rock days. RIP Charlie.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I saw them a couple times. No matter how intense the passage, Charlie Watts always made it look effortless. Rest in Peace

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my faves. Just right for the Stones. I've known of him as long as I've know of any other rock drummer other than maybe Ringo Starr. It would be a toss-up. RIP Charlie Watts.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
A legend! I worked security at a show on the Steel Wheels tour and got to watch him warm up with no PA on, a few feet away. He was so awesome. Godspeed. There is a special place in Heaven for him.

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post