SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Selling to a New Yorker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling to a New Yorker Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sell it without the mags, FFL to FFL as planned.
Send a bill of sale specifying no mags included.
Snap a photo of it without the mags going into the box or let the FFL seal it up that way and make a notation on any paperwork you receive back and snap a photo to be over the top sure.

Posts: 9834 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
What a stupid place to live.

Do you recall the Federal assault weapon ban? Was where you live a stupid place to live then too?

Posts: 21383 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
When I lived in NYS I did this. Either ship it without the mags and I'll buy ten rounders or ship it with the mags, the FFL takes them and transfers the Pistol to me without the mags and I go get my own ten rounder. Safest bet is just ship no mags. NY is not like Cali where Pistols are either included or excluded by name. You just can't have mags over 10 rounds regardless of the pistol. There's nothing weird or risky going on here.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Do you recall the Federal assault weapon ban? Was where you live a stupid place to live then too?

Great point. It's unhelpful to tell gun owners in these states that they should just get out. Then what? That state goes completely left, sends its leftist reps to Congress, and then we get these gun control policies nationwide.

Keep in mind, the Republicans only control the House because of the Republican reps coming from upstate/western NY, the rural parts of California, down state IL, etc. Should all the conservatives flee those areas so we can get us a national AWB again?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8279 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Thanks for all the good info guys.

quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
If you don't mind my asking, what is the make/model?

Unfortunately, the NYS Penal code has a section on pistol "Assault Weapons" (N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(22)) FFLs can take possession of said "assault" pistols but can only sell them to specific people. For example a Berretta 92A3 would be an "assault pistol" because it has a threaded barrel.

Otherwise, sending the pistol without the magazine shouldn't be an issue. It's the FFls in NY can receive hi capacity (over 10 rounds) they just can't sell them to John Q. Citizen.

It's a Walther PPQ .45.

The PPQ shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't have a threaded barrel on it. If you want to CYA you can ask the receiving FFl for their New York State dealer's license number and record it in your records. You should be good to hook.

Posts: 4763 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Great point. It's unhelpful to tell gun owners in these states that they should just get out. Then what? That state goes completely left, sends its leftist reps to Congress, and then we get these gun control policies nationwide.

Keep in mind, the Republicans only control the House because of the Republican reps coming from upstate/western NY, the rural parts of California, down state IL, etc. Should all the conservatives flee those areas so we can get us a national AWB again?

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I got skewered a while back for pointing out the exact same thing. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7097 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve asked sellers on this site and others to separate mags from handguns.
There are two choices, either you do it and then sell the mags or DON’T.
Yes, we live in a crappy state. We try to make the best of it. The rest of the USA better be careful they don’t turn like this crap hole called NY.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post