SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McFlurry machine broken? Now know before you go!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McFlurry machine broken? Now know before you go! Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Saw an article on this over weekend. Some intrepid fellow has build a site similar to the McRib search tool to show which sites machines are down.

McBroken.com

The methodology he employed is pretty creative:

quote:
Zahid started with the McDonald’s mobile app, which already lets you place an order at any McDonald’s location. It works like shopping on Amazon or Grubhub — you add the items you want to a cart, and pay when you’re ready. But if your chosen location doesn’t have a working ice-cream machine, you can’t add any items containing ice cream to your cart — they’re marked as “Currently unavailable.”

Link to full article

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
McD has enough money for six Flurry machines per store. No more than 2 MacHines can be down at any one time.
If so, that McD gets bulldozed to the ground, and its Golden Arches get torched, but the burnt husks shall remain as a sign for generations of that which is unacceptable.

(my inner 12 year old is hangry after all that fightin' commie talk...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
They are LEGENDARY for broken machines. There are dozens of memes over them. One goes:

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had a flurry, what am I missing?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Nothing. It’s just soft serve in a cone or with stuff mixed in like a Sonic Blast or Blizzard.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17626 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Nothing. It’s just soft serve in a cone or with stuff mixed in like a Sonic Blast or Blizzard.

I like them. They are cheap, and a good 'ice cream fix.'

They are about the only thing, besides coffee, that I actually like at McDonalds.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

1300 calories you can get anywhere else.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post