SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unrequested Covid Tests showed up today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unrequested Covid Tests showed up today. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Anybody else here?

Today USPS delivers FOUR Siemens Covid test kits. Never requested them. Received each of them from a USPS facility in Topeka Kansas, each one in an individual Priority Mailer envelope with a separate tracking number on each.

Shipping four unordered kits, expiration date of February 2023 and in four separate Priority Mailers. Amazon sells those tests for around five bucks each and looks like a eight to ten dollar range to ship each one.

So fifty two dollars of wasted taxpayer money on just me.

SMH

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’ve never minded unrequested teats, Covid or otherwise.

Posts: 17048 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Jeebus, is Covid teats a thing?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Quite fond of teats myself

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I mean... I wouldn't mind having swabs shoved up my nose so much if teats were involved. I'd probably volunteer for daily applications.

Posts: 32415 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buncha comedians here! I corrected my spelling!

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Buncha comedians here! I corrected my spelling!
I liked the original better! Big Grin

Posts: 6393 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Who sent them and why?

Posts: 3368 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Not sure who sent them, but I think you better test will them all, every couple of hours to make sure you are OK! Big Grin Razz Wink

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You know what to do

Posts: 33584 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Who sent them and why?

Per the address they came from a USPS distribution facility in Topeka Kansas. But this notice is on the CDC website: Ordering through the free at-home test program was suspended on Friday, September 2 because Congress hasn’t provided additional funding to replenish the nation’s stockpile of tests.

So, just adds to the mystery, eighteen days prior they stop ordering, we did not order them.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is there anything inside these kits that can be repurposed?

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You know what to do

I made that decision upon opening the first one. Think I’d rather try gas station sushi!

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Your tax dollars at work…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't stick something from an unknown source into my nose, but that's just me.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16486 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I wouldn't stick something from an unknown source into my nose, but that's just me.

I decided that already.

Didn’t they just announce that their is another new and improved variant out there?

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bidet announced that the pandemic was over. So there’s a flu bug floating around.

When has there NOT been a flu bug going around?

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is there anything inside these kits that can be repurposed?

It’s a Q tip, a plastic vial, piece of paper and a quick strip thingy (kinda like a pregnancy test stick)

So no.

I’d just Chuck it if you didn’t order it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I mean... I wouldn't mind having swabs shoved up my nose so much if teats were involved. I'd probably volunteer for daily applications.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
List if for $100 on eBay. Some schmuck will buy it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post