SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surprised at Wall-Mart in Anchorage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprised at Wall-Mart in Anchorage Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So went to Wally World today to pick up come cheap 9mm range ammo to try out my new P320 Compact with. I've been in there several times and never even thought about checking out the gun counter. So I'm standing there and notice a Ruger Precision Rifle that must have been in a magnum caliber with the big clamshell muzzle break on it. I was like, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?"

Then I noticed at the end of the display counter, they had a display case with handguns. Now I'm like really going, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?" I asked the guy behind the counter about Wal-Mart discontinuing handguns. His response was, "That was only in the lower 48." Top shelf was a lot of cheap, small CCW type handguns SCCY .380's, etc, about the most exotic thing was a Ruger American in 9mm. Then I looked at the bottom shelf, holy mother of Ruger big bores. A Redhawk 4" in .44 Magnum, A Redhawk 5.5" in .44 Magnum, a Super Redhawk snubby in .44 Magnum, a Ruger Alaskan in .454, a Toklat in .454 and a Super Redhawk 7.5" in .454.

I know many in the lower 48 won't believe my story, not about Wal-Mart carrying handguns or having Ruger big bore revolvers, but the fact that I was actually able to find an employee with a key for the ammo display case.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Bear country baybee!!

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but the fact that I was actually able to find an employee with a key for the ammo display case.

Liar.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the firingnpins are romoved on all handguns sold there and you get s voucher to another shop that will install it for you with the purchase.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I'm standing there and notice a Ruger Precision Rifle that must have been in a magnum caliber with the big clamshell muzzle break on it.

It is now made in .300 Winchester Magnum and even .338 Lapua Magnum.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What kind of prices we talking on the Rutgers 44’s? Usually Wally World prices are significantly less than gun store...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
$799 on the 4" Redhawk I was scoping out.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
...but the fact that I was actually able to find an employee with a key for the ammo display case.

Liar.

Yeah, I was with him until the employee with a key. Obvious fiction.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
quote:

Liar.

He had me going until that part as well.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
quote:

Liar.

He must have had a search party with him.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Did I mention they also had a Ruger 1911 in 10mm?

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
gif upload site

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It’s where I bought my .454 Casull when I lived in Anchorage from ‘09-‘14.

In pistols, they had everything from .22 to .500 mag

In rifles, the had everything from .17 to .416 Rigby. They even sold Colt LE6920s.

For shotgun ammo, it was the only place I could find Brenneke Black Magic (aka dangerous game rated slugs).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chief1200
posted Hide Post
I believe you 2000. Most stores in Anchorage all carry big bore guns and ammo. During the "hard to get 223 and 5.56 guns and ammo, Anchorage had plenty. Now at the time, big bore shelves were pretty lean. Truly, Alaska is The Last Frontier."

Posts: 76 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post