SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are padlocks a joke? Dissuasive?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are padlocks a joke? Dissuasive? Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I learned at a young age what a coat hanger and two ballpeen hammers could do to master lock brand pad locks.

I have been locked into leases while working and the trick got me out more then once.

Hook the coat hanger through the lock pulling on the body of the lock. Hook the other end of the coat hanger to your belt or belt loop allowing you to pull on the lock hands free.
Then strike each side of the lock hard at the same time and the lock will pop open without damaging the lock and when you get out of the lease simply close the lock and be on your way.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I learned at a young age what a coat hanger and two ballpeen hammers could do to master lock brand pad locks.

I have been locked into leases while working and the trick got me out more then once.

Hook the coat hanger through the lock pulling on the body of the lock. Hook the other end of the coat hanger to your belt or belt loop allowing you to pull on the lock hands free.
Then strike each side of the lock hard at the same time and the lock will pop open without damaging the lock and when you get out of the lease simply close the lock and be on your way.

Well, all right! Thanks for the tip Big Grin

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post