SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teen loses car for days after Metallica Concert
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teen loses car for days after Metallica Concert Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I must have been about 20 when this happened. Went on a first (and last) date with a gal bowling (Medina Ballroom for you locals). I drove my new to me 79 Mustang Cobra. I got to drunk to drive so I let her drive and we went for a little country joy ride in the new Mustang. Next thing I know we are sliding sideways on the icy road, hit a snow bank sideways which launched us into the air rolling an unknown amount of times finally landing on our wheels. Worst thing that happened to us was a pretty bad sprain on my ankle. Hobbled up to the road (we'd travelled a good 30' in the air before planting ourselves in the field with no tracks leading up to it) and managed to catch a ride home with some strangers at 2am.

Woke up the next morning and my second thought after thinking how bad my F'n ankle hurt was "where the fuck did my car end up?" I remembered what happened, I just didn't bother to pay attention where. Not even a clue what direction we left in from the bowling alley.

I knew it was not a major highway so we (she was still with me trying to solve the puzzle, apparently she had not been in any better shape than me) began to drive the county roads in the area. After a good while we rounded a corner and there was the Sheriff and a tow truck pulling my poor, twisted car out of the ditch. Had a nice chat with him about what had happened the previous night (sans the stupid driving drunk part) and went on our Merry way.

Turns out the car was totaled. Paid $5,500 for it and sold it a week later for $1,000. Didn't bother to file an insurance claim even though I had just put it in place the afternoon of the wreck. I figured at 20 years old and the amount I was already paying for insurance, it was cheaper to eat the loss than pay the high risk insurance for who knows how long.

She was Hawt too. Never did get a settlement from her either Wink I was too nice of a guy to take advantage of that situation. STOOPID!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post