SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone remembers when you could listen to Yahoo emails over the phone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone remembers when you could listen to Yahoo emails over the phone? Login/Join 
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted
In March 2000, I was in Fort Polk, LA and from a pay phone I called the Yahoo service that read e-mails in a highly robotic voice. It was hard to understand, but that is when I learned I got accepted into college. That moment of pure happiness was seldom repeated in past 20 years.

Do you have a random fond memory of old technology?

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me old technology is Western Union telegram. I have the telgram sent to my Grandfather announcing my birth.

Mimeograph machines were cool. Loved the way the purple ink smelled when the teacher handed out the tests.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post