SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The China threat: how the Chinese Communist Party and Chinese banking system is working with Mexican drug cartels
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The China threat: how the Chinese Communist Party and Chinese banking system is working with Mexican drug cartels Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
I am repurposing this thread and renaming it. The previous thread title was Podcast interview: China developing ethnic bio weapon-military/ civil fusion policy/ working to export Social Credit Score program

Pseudo hybrid Marxist Communism vs. (relative) Free Market Capitalism, authoritarian regime vs. western representative government freedom, global supremacy vs. global leadership. collectivism vs. individualism.

Decades of foreign policy decisions have created a complicated relationship between China and the rest of the world. There are those still old enough to recall cannabalism in China during the mass starvation of the Cultural Revolution era, and yet China has been allowed to rise and become one of the leading producers and trade partners on the global economic stage. Like other world powers, there are vestiges of poverty evident, and yet the average Chinese citizen has seen a transition from an agrarian existence to an industrialized one, and many (most?) now have the comforts of electricity, running water, some form of motorized transportation, and modern electronics like TVs and smart phones, and enough food to eat.

On a whole host of issues; trade and manufacturing, Intellectual Property (IP), education, the environment, global diplomacy, the U.S. and the West have decided to work with China... and yet, there is no ignoring the fact that China is increasingly posing a significant threat to the U.S., our allies, and out interests.

China has devoted a huge portion of its G.D.P. to modernizing its military and building its capabilities. They have built several man made islands supporting runways and ship's docks, staffed by military personnel, in the South China Sea. The Chinese military has seized and held Phillipine owned islands on the outskirts, and increasingly patrolling waters recognized by international law as belonging to their neighbors. China has also begun a program to expand and modernize its nuclear war capabilities with a new multiple warhead missile, and hundreds of additional missile silos under construction.

As part of their Belt and Road Initiative, China has secured permission to build military bases in strategic areas such as Iran, the Strait of Hormuz, in East Africa, and there are reports that they are pursuing the right to build bases in West Africa, South America, and the Carribean.

With hundreds of recent unauthorized Chinese warplane incursions into Taiwan airspace, the threat of invasion and war has emerged as a real possibility.

While Chinese motorists and pedestrians make their way through busy city streets the CCP government is sponsoring electronic billboards with patriotic messages informing them to prepare for war.

There are many global threats that the U.S. needs to be prepared for, but I've read and watched enough security analysts and China researchers to believe that China is a problem we should devote increased concern, attention, and preparation on.... and an adversary worthy of a forum thread dedicated to it.

I'd like this thread to encompass discussions and information regarding all the various threats that China poses to the U.S., our allies, and our interests.

=============================================

Washington Times national security correspondent Bill Gertz wrote a book @ China and in this 40 minute interview covers a number of topics on China, including a recently discovered massive expansion of its nuclear weapon arsenal, its development of biological weapons to target specific ethnicities, its military/ civilian fusion policy that requires the Chinese military and civilian companies work together to share all technologies and intelligence, including that which is stolen, and how 5G tech will be used to export their Social Credit system to other countries, with China controlling both the tech and the info gathered:

https://omny.fm/shows/america-...bscribe=1&autoplay=1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
No one, even the ChiComs, are trying to develop an ethnic biological weapon.

It would be all but impossible - theoretically, you might be able to target the Basques, or Aborigines, I suppose, but no one else is really genetically isolated enough to target.

I have no doubt there are pushes for a social credit system, but that would have nothing to do with 5G.

Their military intelligence has been engaged in industrial espionage for decades.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
I don't know that you are correct and that a bio weapon targeting a specific ethnicity isn't possible, but let's assume for a moment that you are. Is it really so inconceivable that China, a country working to increase the gain-of-function lethality of the C-19 virus as a weapon, a country in which their own military documents prove their interest in bio weapons, would be interested in developing a bio ethnic weapon?

If Gertz's assertion is correct, even IF it is impossible their efforts go a long ways to demonstrating their intentions.

As far as 5G goes, Gertz suggests that 5G is the tech the Chinese will use for tracking individuals world wide for Social Credit purposes (along w/ other techs such as the geneology DNA testing they are so heavily invested). Not so difficult to believe, considering they are already using it to implement the Social Credit system currently in use to manipulate their own population.

Convince other governments to institute Social Credit systems via Chinese Belt and Road incentives +5G tech, combine it with surveillance cameras, license plate readers, facial recognition and biomovement software, throw in some fingerprints, voice recognition, retinal scans, DNA data harvested from other databases, and couple that with location tracking and financial/ purchase info... that is recorded and transmitted using 5G, that is a powerful lot of info that can be manipulated for whatever nefarious purposes.

This stuff sounds like something out of a Jason Bourne/ Mission Impossible storyline, but the technology already exists. 5G just makes it easier and faster to transmit the info, and China is the front runner in 5G and has tied it to their Belt and Road initiative through Europe, Africa, the Middle East, even into the Caribbean and South America.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I can easily see a more plausible scenario where China develops a bio weapon for which they create a vaccine. One that targets ethnicities seems too impossible. I’ve always felt Covid was, and continues to be a dry run for something much worse. If they really are expanding their nuclear capabilities, I fear that it is because they are planning a first strike.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
...If they really are expanding their nuclear capabilities, I fear that it is because they are planning a first strike.

According to Gertz, commercial satellite photos recently discovered up to 350 missile silos being built for the new Chinese DF-41 ICBM, that contains 10 warheads each.

posted Hide Post
I have no doubt that the Chinese would be like to develop bio-weapons against the west. Most likely they are trying, and it would be naive to expect otherwise.

350 missile silos, well they want to control as much of the world as possible, and they are prepping for the long game. Money is probably burning a hole in their pocket.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it really so inconceivable that China...would be interested in developing a bio ethnic weapon?

Not at all. They talk Marx but, objectively, they're all about Han supremacy.

If there's an ethnic aspect to bioweapons, I suspect it has more to do with delivery systems (what do Uighers eat/drink/wear/use that the Han don't?) or localizing the effects so that they don't spread beyond ethnic enclaves like Xinjiang.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder where all that 23 & Me data was sold to?

23andMe has sold the rights to develop a drug based on its users’ DNA

https://www.newscientist.com/a...ed-on-its-users-dna/

DNA testing company 23andMe has sold the rights to a new drug that it has developed using its customers’ data. It is the first time the company has signed a deal to license a drug it developed.

The deal for the drug, which is being investigated as a potential treatment for inflammatory diseases, is with Spanish pharmaceutical company Almirall.

“This is a seminal moment for 23andMe,” Emily Drabant Conley, 23AndMe’s vice-president of business development told Bloomberg. “We’ve now gone from database to discovery to developing a drug.”

The drug is likely to be the first of many the company licenses, says Tim Frayling, a molecular geneticist at the University of Exeter, UK. As 23andMe’s genetic database grows – it has doubled in the last couple of years – it will become more likely to yield medically useful information, he says.

23andMe has sold in excess of 10 million DNA testing kits. More than 80 per cent of their customers have agreed to their data being used by the company for research and by scientists trying to understand the causes of diseases and how best to treat them.

23andMe has already formed partnerships with several academic groups. In 2018, the company entered into a four-year collaboration with pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline. It has also been trying to identify potential new treatments since launching its 23andMe Therapeutics division in 2015.

“In general, I think it’s really good that human genetic information is useful for drug discovery,” says Frayling. But he questions whether it is fair for the company to financially profit from genetic data that its customers volunteered for medical research.

23andMe’s terms of service state that by signing up for testing: “You specifically understand that you will not receive compensation for any research or commercial products that include or result from your genetic information or self-reported information.”

“But how aware are people that the company could make a lot of money from that?” says Frayling. “I suspect they might not know how profitable it is to them.”

Commentators have already suggested that companies that offer consumer genetic testing pay their customers for the data, rather than charge for it. “If [23andMe] turned it around and instead paid people $99, I strongly suspect they’d still be very profitable,” says Frayling.

DNA-testing company 23andMe has signed a $300 million deal with a drug giant. Here's how to delete your data if that freaks you out.

https://www.businessinsider.co...ancestry-2018-7?op=1

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Il Cattivo, there are some theoretical possibilities in what you said, but a bio weapon is a world ender. Even if the ChiComs only lost 10% of their population, and killed 90% of the rest of the world - many years ago, that was considered the theoretical best, it’s pretty well the end of civilization.

Maybe you could use…. Not comfortable talking about it, but it might be possible to use something really nasty, on isolated populations, but chemical weapons would be much safer.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt the risks, or that the risks far exceed what the PRC understands or is willing to be backed off by. I'm trying to figure out how they're thinking about something that, on the surface, seems wildly improbable unless you're talking about something already well-established in nature like sickle cell anemia vs. susceptibility to malaria.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China's push to control Americans' health care future

U.S. officials say the Chinese government is trying to collect Americans' DNA, and they believe a recent offer from a Chinese company for assistance in COVID-19 testing was suspicious. Jon Wertheim reports.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/b...-minutes-2021-01-31/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
My WAG is that we've got more of a mix of DNA than just about anywhere in the world.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I think the chicom is close.
It seems the covid does affect some ethnic groups more than others, for example the Native American Indians.

When the VA first started giving out the vaccine,certain ethnic groups were first on the list.

I copied this below. Ill post the link when I find it again.

"Race and ethnicity will be taken into consideration by the VA when determining who should be vaccinated first. According to VA data, Black, Hispanic and Native American veterans are disproportionately affected by the virus, reflecting trends across the broader population."

"As more vaccines become available, the department will administer them to all VA patients who want one, the department said. About 9 million veterans are enrolled in VA health care."

https://www.stripes.com/vetera...istribution-1.655318

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greymann,

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not getting into the science here but it would be not that hard down the road to target some ethnic or lack there of genes for attack.

It may not be here yet but doable in a few years.

Google SNP genes and ethnicity.

It may already be happening in some lab somewhere.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
It seems the covid does affect some ethnic groups more than others, for example the Native American Indians. [/Snip]

"Race and ethnicity will be taken into consideration by the VA when determining who should be vaccinated first. According to VA data, Black, Hispanic and Native American veterans are disproportionately affected by the virus, reflecting trends across the broader population."[/Snip]

I'm not disagreeing with you because I haven't taken the time to look up factual statistics, but I take that statement as more of a recognition that certain ethnic groups have a greater statistical likelihood of comorbidities, which in turn make them more susceptible to serious C-19 effects, not that those ethnicities are genetically more predisposed to the virus.

There have been several instances in which politicians have complained about how C-19 is racist because it disproportionately affects blacks, and black business owners, and therefore they have prioritised vaccinating them and creating special funds to compensate black owned businesses affected by lock downs.

I haven't seen any scientific medical evidence to suggest that blacks or other ethnicities are more prone to C-19, but I'd be interested to know otherwise, if you have any info.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
...If they really are expanding their nuclear capabilities, I fear that it is because they are planning a first strike.

According to Gertz, commercial satellite photos recently discovered up to 350 missile silos being built for the new Chinese DF-41 ICBM, that contains 10 warheads each.

China Increasing Its Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Silos By A Factor Of Ten: Report

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
It seems the covid does affect some ethnic groups more than others, for example the Native American Indians. [/Snip]

"Race and ethnicity will be taken into consideration by the VA when determining who should be vaccinated first. According to VA data, Black, Hispanic and Native American veterans are disproportionately affected by the virus, reflecting trends across the broader population."[/Snip]

I'm not disagreeing with you because I haven't taken the time to look up factual statistics, but I take that statement as more of a recognition that certain ethnic groups have a greater statistical likelihood of comorbidities, which in turn make them more susceptible to serious C-19 effects, not that those ethnicities are genetically more predisposed to the virus.

Yup, if one looks at historical data, breaks it down by ethnicity and race, (because you know science), the numbers bear out that certain groups as a whole, are more prone and will have higher incidences, of problems like diabetes, high BP, obesity, sickle cell, asthma etc. Does environment play an effect? Certainly but, listen to the 'narrative' and its solely a result of discrimination and bias, rather than cultural practices & habits that lead to such bad outcomes.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
quote:

China Increasing Its Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Silos By A Factor Of Ten: Report

Corsair, very informative article, thanks for posting!

From the article:

"The new field of silos was identified as such by Matt Korda and Hans Kristensen from the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) and it’s located near the city of Hami in the eastern end of Xinjiang province, in the northwest of China. The analysts’ findings were first published in the New York Times.

While imagery of the Yumen field seems to reveal that construction is underway on 120 missile silos, work that started in February, the one near Hami is less far advanced, with work reportedly having begun there only this past March."

Xinjiang province.. the Chinese province bordering Afghanistan. The closest U. S. base to this province with fields of nuclear missile silos under construction.. you guessed it, Bagram air base. The construction of these silos beginning in February and March, and more importantly, detection of their existence by the U.S. shortly afterwards, , all while the decision to abandon Afghanistan was being made, and months before the surrender of Bagram and Kabul.

The Biden administration surrendered, possibly, the most strategically situated base in the region, that could have played a role in either deterrence of a nuclear threat, or possibly even a role in striking it. Mad

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
[note: hyperlinks and comments at linked article]

----------------------------

China Secretly Tested Hypersonic Missile in August

The test supposedly surprised U.S. intelligence agencies.

By Matt Novak
yesterday at 5:51 AM

China secretly tested a new hypersonic missile this past August, according to a new report from the Financial Times. And while the missile reportedly landed quite a distance from its intended target after circling the globe, the test suggests China is much further along in its development of hypersonic missiles than U.S. intelligence had previous thought.

While intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) travel along an arc, exiting and re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere in order to hit a target on the other side of the globe, hypersonic missiles stay in low orbit and are easier to maneuver. Hypersonic missiles are slower than ballistic missiles, but hypersonic missiles are harder to defend against, at least hypothetically, because they work to evade early detection systems.

In fact, sources who spoke with the Financial Times claim China theoretically has the ability to send its experimental hypersonic missiles over the South Pole to reach targets in the U.S., a trajectory where Americans are much more vulnerable because the U.S. military spent the entirety of the Cold War preparing for a North Pole-style attack coming from the former Soviet Union. The U.S. has no known equivalent to the Distant Early Warning (DEW) Line in the southern hemisphere.

The new hypersonic missile was reportedly launched with one of China’s Long March rockets—the same rockets used to put China’s domestic satellites into space.

From the Financial Times:

The missile missed its target by about two-dozen miles, according to three people briefed on the intelligence. But two said the test showed that China had made astounding progress on hypersonic weapons and was far more advanced that U.S. officials realized.

Both ICBMs and hypersonic missiles are launched using technology built on the backs of space travel in peacetime, meaning China’s 21st century accomplishments in rocket and rover technology should definitely be viewed through the prism of the New Cold War—just like U.S. space technology since NASA’s inception.

The Financial Times notes that China’s new hypersonic missile is being developed by the China Academy of Aerospace Aerodynamics, which conducts research under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, the same group that builds rockets for China’s peacetime space program. And while the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology publicly announced a 77th and 79th launch of Long March rockets, on July 19 and August 24, respectively, it’s not clear what happened to that 78th test. The Financial Times suggests the 78th test was likely the rocket carrying China’s hypersonic missile glide vehicle.

Both the U.S. and Russia are known to be working on hypersonic missiles, and Russia occasionally brags about the progress its made with the technology, including the Avangard system. Even North Korea claims to be working on a hypersonic missile, though it’s not clear how far they’ve gotten with the cutting edge weapons.

In the wake of news about the hypersonic missile test, Republicans called for harsher actions against China, without really saying what those should be.

“This test should serve as a call to action. If we stick to our current complacent course—or place our hopes in bankrupt buzzwords like ‘integrated deterrence’—we will lose the New Cold War with Communist China within the decade,” U.S. Congressman Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin said in a statement.

“The People’s Liberation Army now has an increasingly credible capability to undermine our missile defenses and threaten the American homeland with both conventional and nuclear strikes. Even more disturbing is the fact that American technology has contributed to the PLA’s hypersonic missile program,” Gallagher continued.

What happened to treaties that prohibited the development of new weapons systems such as these, like the 1987 INF Treaty that banned new intermediate-range nuclear weapons that can travel between 310 miles and 3,400 miles (500km and 5,500km)? For one thing, China was never party to the INF Treaty. But also, the Trump regime said Russia was in violation of the treaty and rather than get President Vladimir Putin to get back in compliance, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unilaterally pulled the U.S. out.

The New Cold War clearly won’t be cooling off anytime soon.

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Although it was a fictional book, "Ghost Fleet" by Cole and Singer is an exceptional read of how a conflict with China might play out. The book itself is very well written, highlighting technology that is available today. The interesting thing to me is that some predictions from the book which was written in 2015, are coming true today. - Drone swarms, microchip corruption, facial recognition, etc.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post