SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question regarding purchase/trade. Is this possible or legal?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding purchase/trade. Is this possible or legal? Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I don’t see how this would be any different than the hundreds of gun raffles held each year.
A gun is paid for by someone else.

Exactly right.
Same as if you win one in a match, it gets sent to your FFL, fill out the 4473 and take it home.
Nobody is saying or signing anything false. The “cash” for the handguns is in the shape of a rifle.

NAIL DOWN the details Fredward brought up. Lost, damaged, etc.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Why take the chance?

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I don’t see how this would be any different than the hundreds of gun raffles held each year.

Don't know the details of this and that, but it obviously isn't so simple or the SigForum raffle wouldn't have been cancelled. Wink

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
I have 3 pistols in classified right now. Let us say someone is interested in my pistols, but do not have cash and only have credit card. Here is my question...

Is it possible and legal for the "potential" buyer to purchase a rifle that "I" like from an on-line vendor and have it shipped to my "FFL" directly to "my" name as the recipient? The buyer pays for the rifle using his/her credit card? And have it shipped to "MY" name?

Then, I will ship "my pistols" to HIS FFL for the TRADE?

I DO NOT want to violate the "straw purchase law" or any other Federal/State/Local laws.

Your thoughts or analysis please?

This is not a straw purchase. It's needlessly complex, but not a straw purchase. Ador is the lawful owner receiving through an FFL. Ador, if your local FFL is cool with it, fine. Really though, If it were me I'd find a buyer who didn't need extra steps.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27027 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the clarification folks. While it is clear to me now that no one is or will be violating any laws, I think I will just pass on this possibility. A bit complicated and not worth the hassle.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post