SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a personal fail that ended up delicious
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a personal fail that ended up delicious Login/Join 
posted
All the prime rib talk made me think I wanted to change to reverse sear, but I was scared to risk a 19.5 rib.

Decided to do a practice run and bought a 4 rib roast to cook last night. Problem was, I had to work late and waiting till 10pm to eat didn't appeal to either of us.

Decided to cut it into 1-1/4" steaks, trim and have them that way. Roast made 5 steaks, 3 going into the freezer for later enjoyment. Two went on the BGE. Half an hour later, we enjoyed them at a perfect medium rare.

Didn't get my experience, but did enjoy failing!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Great to fail THAT way -- good-on-ya,

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I buy the Prime grade rib roasts every Thanksgiving and Christmas when they are on sale for $9.99 a pound. I do not care for rare meat so I cut them into steaks. I smoke them on the pellet grill slowly until they hit 130. Then I put them on the Camp Chef sear box at 700 until they are 140-150. I love the reverse seared ribeye steak and they are better than any I have had at any restaurant I have been to.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I usually sous vide my steaks but tried reverse sear a few weeks ago on the BGE for the first time. I ran at 250 for 50 minutes, went nuclear and seared them. They pulled at 134 degrees and were beautiful. You know our weather so I'll still sous vide during the winter and just run out to sear on the Egg.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post