SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Late model full size truck meanderings.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late model full size truck meanderings. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
We recently pulled the trigger on a 2021 Highlander. Under 10k miles, original owner lease return. Beautiful rig. Toyota certified. No complaints so far. Wife's rig. Price was around $41k

Have a local Ford dealer. So I check on SuperDuty 4wd rigs there occasionally. Sells lots of trucks. White ones. Late model rigs >five years old with 100k to 150k They want more than $30k for gas and $40k for diesel. Wtf. Really. They are not worth anywhere near that to me.
A couple of years ago a buddy bought one of their diesels and and paid $40k for one with 140k on it. Dumb. I just don't see it myself.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's not that the trucks are worth a lot. The dollar is worth jack-crap now.

In 2019 you could purchase a new loaded Dodge Power Wagon for 50K(just under invoice)+taxes&fees.

Biden only took 6 months to completely reverse the economy.

Now you will pay 70-100K for a nicer full-size truck.

But hey, look at the bright side, interest rates are still climbing so the market is softening! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5228 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I heard a Ford dealer's radio ad for an F-150. They touted that they were selling it for $5000 off MSRP … which was $61K. What a bargain. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28685 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw a new base model on the local lot today. Vinyl floor, 2wd, v8 RCSB with steel wheels. Did at least have cloth seats. $39k plus tax & fees.

ETA There was nothing larger on the lot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company truck is a Chevrolet 1500 base line trim. It has the turbo 4 cylinder which comes with a discount. I believe they rate it at 310 hp and over 400 torque. I’m pretty happy with the 4 cylinder. Lots of pep, climbs grades with a heavy load, quiet. I have not towed anything with it. I have read that the V8 can get equal mpg.
If you’re looking for a cheap truck don’t pass on the 4 banger just yet.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 398 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
We are talking 250-2500/350-3500 class trucks. Real truck used for real truck business.

Not 150/1500 rigs

posted Hide Post
I was having a random work conversation and mentioned my new in 2019 truck was about $34k. Everyone looked like they about crapped themselves until it was, oh 2019. I don't know how they move inventory nowadays, I couldn't stomach spending supercar money on a standard vehicle.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Today's 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are far and away more sophisticated and capable than those of 40+ years ago. Except for govt. mandated emissions crap these trucks very reliable. The diesel trucks have enormous torque ratings and the engines and transmissions work in harmony to ease the experience of towing heavy loads over the road and in varying conditions. The later models even have engine brakes and the computer reads conditions and shifts the transmission to act as a brake in harmony. The trucks have heavy duty components the older trucks and lighter duty trucks don't have. You can get a commercial grade truck that is equally capable but without all of the cabin comforts and conveniences for a very reasonable price. I'm not suggesting the 90+ thousand dollar price tag is justified but I know they are sold based on what they can do more than what it costs to build one.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The last new work truck I purchased was in 2016. I just priced a replacement. 55% increase.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15861 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Ford dealer had a one year old F350 crew with 8' bed, diesel. 25k miles. $95k Razz