SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got to try the spicy sandwich the other day. I really would not compare it to CFA. They are almost in different categories. Popeyes was very heavily breaded and felt bread heavy. It also required the addition of a mayonnaise based sauce. I did like the thicker cut pickles.

Would I go out of my way for a popeyes sandwich, no way. Would I eat one again, sure. The service was horrible. Line was slow for only about 7 cars. I had to remind them about drink and I did not get any of the dipping sauce I requested.

I pick CFA for the locations, customer service and simplicity of the sandwich.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And the beat goes on...
Deriance Ra’Shaiel Hughes Roll Eyes. And given the attack occurred outside the building on a 55 year old woman, this moron should be toast.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My oldest son came home with a sackful of these this morning

It’s good. I actually really liked it. Is it worth all the fuss? Not for a second.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! I watched the body slam video and a little of the video taken while the 55 yo woman and employee were still inside at the register and I've been cured of any thoughts I might want to give Popeyes another chance. Animals.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be eating at Popeyes in this life span.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I won't be eating at Popeyes in this life span.

I only crave (and eat) fried chicken once a year. When I do, it has to be Popeyes. I like their spicy fried chicken and the mashed potatoes with Cajun gravy......that being said I eat there once a year and that is it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I got hungry tonight about 2145 and looked up the hours for the nearby Popeye's--web site said they were open until 2300 so I drove up there. Long line at the drive-up window so I parked and tried to go inside. (Sign on door said open until 2300.) Door was locked. Finally got someone inside to come talk to me. Said they'd closed early because of the sandwich. I said I didn't want the sandwich. They said inside was closed but the drive-through was open until 2300. I told them they needed to make their sign and web page more specific and left. I went to Golden Chicken down the street instead. (Their tenders aren't as good, but I was pissed.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I only crave (and eat) fried chicken once a year.
Fried chicken only once a year! Eek Oh my god, that would kill me. I crave fried chicken all the time, and my pan fried chicken is to die for (just like the Popeye's Chicken sandwich apparently Razz ).

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Got one easily yesterday up in Cumming, GA.

Chick-Fil-A is still king, but Popeye's isn't bad at all.

It beats out the other fast food burger joint sandwiches with ease, but not Chick-Fil-A.

With Popeye's you have your choice of sides.

Basically it's just an oversized chicken strip on a bun with mayo and a pickle.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I tried to eat at our local Popeyes twice. My fault for giving them a second chance. Each visit was a waste of my time. First attempt was the drive through. When I got to the window to pay, the staff was too busy grab assing to waste time to come and get my money, so I drove off. After several months, I tried again, this time going in side to order. I saw the same B. S. going on with the staff. I walked out and went to Chik-fil-A where I was able to enjoy a peaceful meal.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
More of the same

A blind man could see the pattern.

It's not the food nor the demand for it. It's the clientele- and, in at least two instances- the employees, plain and simple.

Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's really any correlation between a Chick-fil-a sandwich and the Popeyes version. They're just different.

The thing that stood out for me was how crunchy the Popeyes sandwich was. I liked it. I also like Chick-fil-a.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why management at Popeye's doesn't get the connection between quality of employees and quality of service and product. We got a new Popeye's in town a few months ago. I went in there to get one of those chicken sandwiches (which they were out of), and got the stink-eye "WTF do you want" look from the employees. On the other hand a mile down the street is a Chick Fil A where I am convinced the employees would give you a kidney if you asked for one. I predict Popeye's will become another grimy, sticky floor, dirty bathroom dump within a few years if they don't change their employment practices.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Love this old video for a similar Popeye's incidents.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8pyW6w5B7Aw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

They ran out of chicken? Don’t you wonder what position the platoon of presidential candidates have to say about this? It could mean free chicken for everyone. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
They ran out of chicken? Don’t you wonder what position the platoon of presidential candidates have to say about this? It could mean free chicken for everyone. Roll Eyes
Any clue as to why I'm quoting your post? Take a guess.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Even up in my rural neck of the woods the local popeyes attracts the most undesirable creeps our society has to offer.
I wouldn't come within 100 yards of the place let alone eat anything that came out of the dirty hovel they call a restaurant.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I’m not sure, but whatever I did that offended you, I apologize.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, seriously, can it get any worse? Roll Eyes
https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/...es-over-garbage-can/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I’m not sure, but whatever I did that offended you, I apologize.
There was no reason at all to interject politics into this thread. Please refrain from posting political commentary in apolitical threads. I and most members of this forum tired long ago of having poitics bleed over into everything.