SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Reason Iphone & Computer Get Wifi Signal But Not Other Devices?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Reason Iphone & Computer Get Wifi Signal But Not Other Devices? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I would guess that the SSID is transmitting or the iPhone and iPads couldn't connect.
The SSID need not be broadcast to connect to a WiFi network. It can be entered manually (if the client software/firmware allows it to be specified manually) or, if the client already knows it, it can just go ahead and use it.

True but he didn't say he has the networks setup that way, most iStuff searches for open active networks ie SSID broadcasts, I can see all my neighbors wifi networks, and it shows locked or unlocked, you pick, put in the password and bobs yer uncle.

Some devices don't play well with non broadcast ssid network ids

He said the T-Stat's see the networks connect and drop connectionos, Only the Printer and ROKU don't see any network, that would indicate (T-Stats) that the SSID is being broadcast.

Since some of the devices see the network, and some don't then unless a power surge took out some of the devices, than the router may have functioning issues.

A1ABDJ is this a router you have behind the cable modem, if so, can your T-Stat see the cable company SSID network, see if it will connect and stay connected, same for ROKU.

IF cable, power it down, you have to leave them unplugged for a bit as they have backup power internally for short power outage. Then bring it back up to see if it fixed it.

Posts: 23957 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post