SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arborists/Chainsaw Jockeys - a moment of your time? UPDATE - It's Down.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arborists/Chainsaw Jockeys - a moment of your time? UPDATE - It's Down. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing nobody nearby has an excavator with a thumb you can borrow. My little 312B (~30k pounds) would make short work of that and the rest of the poplars while you were at it, but the hauling across the country and back would be prohibitive. I’ve done some stuff with cables or chains, but being able to grab onto and positively control branches or whole trees really spoils a guy.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Put the ladder up and put a choker and wire rope up as high as my wrinkled old ass was was willing to climb.

Wire rope and 2 lengths of log chain out to the Cabota, just in case it decided to head for the tractor.

Cut the bottom side as deep as I dared. (Saw ain't running for shit, need to look into that.)

Drove off. It stood up a LOT straighter than I expected before the hinge let go.

I guess I could've gotten away with a little deeper cut, but it's down and nothing got smushed.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Great result.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job! Yankee ingenuity at work.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post