SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The winding down of the Dog Days of Summer 2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The winding down of the Dog Days of Summer 2019 Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Thank Goodness!

I may even jump out of a plane without a parachute once the snow gets deep enough Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19213 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I take it you don’t live in the northern latitudes

Posts: 13287 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah, I’m sick of the heat!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7001 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Amen. Come on Fall!

Posts: 32532 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My AC Bill would appreciate a break no doubt!

Posts: 23510 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Really hoping for a COLD winter this year down here!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I really don't mind the heat too much, a reminder of my youth growing up Smile.

Now COLD weather, I hate.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16713 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some talk of possible frost in the interior Yoop later this week.
Come up and see us! Everybody else is!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16106 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
My AC Bill would appreciate a break no doubt!

No shit. Mine's ~$270 during the summer months, compared to $60-$80 the rest of the year.

Posts: 32532 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
MI. has nothing on the RMW. when it comes to cold and snow. And yes, bring it on. No sissy here. I love winter and hate July and August every single year.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I hate the cold. I used to like snow but that was when it was a "special" thing. Seeing it 2-3 months straight ruins it. Everything is dead looking and gloomy here in the winter. The lake turns to ice.

I prefer sunshine, warm temps and beautiful blue water to look at and play in.

Seeing my boat in the driveway and not the water is depressing.

Posts: 17898 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I understand Oz. I find the winter scenery just beautiful I am weird I guess. I love looking at the tree's without leaves. White grass, it just does not get any better than that Wink

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Give me cool, crisp, bright autumn days. Light jackets. Red, yellow, and orange foliage. Beers on the patio with friends while the ball game plays in the background. Open windows, with an extra blanket on the bed.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Give me cool, crisp, bright autumn days. Light jackets. Red, yellow, and orange foliage. Beers on the patio with friends while the ball game plays in the background. Open windows, with an extra blanket on the bed.

Abso-damn-lutely! I wish it was October 11 months a year and February the other month just to remind me how much I love October!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Farmers Almanac should be coming out with their winter weather predictions just about any day now...been seeing more spiders and webs about than normal, some of the acorns are already falling. Could be a snowy, chilly winter here...

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
RMW

Read Modify Write
Rock My World
Regulated Medical Waste
Regional Municipality of Waterloo
R.M. Williams Airport Brisbane, Australia

OK, I give up.

Going to be hot down here until November.

Posts: 10980 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We could have dog days for another month.

It won't get even cool until mid or late October.

On the other hand, we won't be up to our ass in snow in January, either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will vote for regulated medical waste. Too much jumping without a parachute.LOL

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I don't like the end of August, the sun is in a weird position in the sky. It's not as bad at late Jan-March when it's just absolutely depressing but it still bothers me.

I'm about tired of sub-freezing temps anymore.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky Mountain West?

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post