SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

pretty much all the dealers got you by the throat with used vehicles.
Not really. I have bought more than one used car / van, at my price.

I did my homework, determined what a realistic price was, and told the sales guy, "I am willing to buy this vehicle today. No dicking around with financing, I have cash and am ready to close a deal. I am willing to pay $x,xxx.xx out the door, all taxes and fees included. Do you want to sell it, or shall I go elsewhere?"

And that works for new vehicles as well. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
quote:

I did my homework, determined what a realistic price was, and told the sales guy, "I am willing to buy this vehicle today. No dicking around with financing, I have cash and am ready to close a deal. I am willing to pay $x,xxx.xx out the door, all taxes and fees included. Do you want to sell it, or shall I go elsewhere?"

But in David's case he has some disadvantages that a dealer will capitalize on. He has urgency and is dependent on others for transportation to and from. I think we need to have the grace to allow David to do what he wants here.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29597 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone in David's area with connections to a car dealership that could help him out?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

But in David's case he has some disadvantages that a dealer will capitalize on. He has urgency and is dependent on others for transportation to and from. I think we need to have the grace to allow David to do what he wants here.

A dealer doesn’t need to know any of that. David has been handling negotiation via e-mail, which is appropriate, and most likely emailing multiple dealers for multiple vehicles.

Best one wins. As to urgency, he does need a vehicle, but it isn’t an urgent “must have one tonight because I need to get to work”. All the cards are in David’s hands.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
quote:

Thank you. I am trying and yes, getting rides is limited to 3 people, when one is available. I am however trying to buy as Vtail suggested. There are 2 Sienna vans comparable in price. The nicer van has been fully detailed and is beautiful. I am waiting to hear back from them as I offered $1,000.00 less than their asking price, taxes included. I can transfer my tags from Ol' Silver.

Posts: 17890 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The dealer accepted my offer but not the tax. I am fine with this as it still is less expensive than the other van. 20,000 less miles on the OD and overall condition of the van is better. Smile

Posts: 17890 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just found my van. Was going back and forth with the sales manager and he accepted my offer. Its a 2011 Sienna. 140,555 miles, clean car fax. Its a nice van by golly.

140,000 miles on a Toyota, that's just getting broken in! Big Grin

You can easily get another 100,000 out of that.

Good choice.

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dealer accepted my offer but not the tax. I am fine with this as it still is less expensive than the other van. 20,000 less miles on the OD and overall condition of the van is better. Smile

Good deal David. Let us know when it is in your hands!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Well, the young fella is driving down to pick me up. Looks like I will be gettin the Sienna today. It only has 121,000 on its OD. Nice looking van too. Can someone post a picture or two for me ? The van is at Midwest Auto Connection. Its Toyota Sienna, 2011, silver and 121,000 miles. I'd like the Members here to see it. Thank you. Midwest is in Fairfield, Ohio.

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:

Is that white tape on the windshield, or just a reflection? Curious...

Posts: 6867 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice van. Better watch out. I can see gold diggin chix stalking you, brother. Big Grin back in the day when we were a van fam, this would have been our choice.

Posts: 29597 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

It looks like the ceiling lights are reflecting off the windshield.

So will this thing have a name like the SigForum Truckster? Cool

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

It looks like the ceiling lights are reflecting off the windshield.

So will this thing have a name like the SigForum Truckster? Cool

Needs a bumper sticker. If this Van's rockin'........lol

posted Hide Post
Needs moar spinners! Big Grin That's going to be a good lookin' vehicle for you, congrats!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You guys are funny as hell... Big Grin. I am back at the dealer as the front wheel bearings are bad. Sounds like a truck and my ears are ringing from the noise.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its a nice van and I am forever grateful to the Members here for the help. Face it, I love you guys. I gotta bring the van back Monday for repair.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping the dealer makes it right for you!

With a car like that, you could deliver Amazon packages or drive Uber for extra cash.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The dealer is putting in new wheel bearings Monday. I want both sides done as I understand they wear out about the same time.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It happens. I bought a certified Toyota Tacoma once with under 100,000 miles once. A week later the a/c crapped out. They made it right and never had another problem with it...until Jr DF #1 totalled it several years later.