SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!!

Semper Fi to ALL of my SigForum brothers and sisters...

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your contributions everyone. Thanks to 6guns and Para for the work. Best wishes to David.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I'm picturing 6guns delivering it. Cash, small bills, in a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist. Big Grin

Dark glasses and a fedora Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It does feel good. But money is only part of this effort. Mrs DF and I have added David to our prayers and thoughts. We know we are only paying forward help provided to us desperate times. We do it with gratitude in our hearts to God and our fellow man. It is a confirming opportunity to experience how selflessness is supposed to work. The need identified, voluntarily met and exceeded. David is edified. We are edified. Freedom to engage or not is preserved and no scoundrels accumulated nor imposed power. It is a beautiful thing. Wouldn't you say?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Wow, I knew it would be a substantial number, but not quite that substantial.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
incredible. well done SF

Peter

Posts: 94 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Amazing. I am so proud to be a member of this fine group of people.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who's the sumbitch who donated forty cents? Wink

Uh, we all did.

(You have to be a Certain Age to remember this punchline to an old joke)

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello Sig Forum. I got a lift down to McDonalds to check in with you all. I saw what you folks did and thats astounds me. This is a huge relief also as my mind has too much time to worry in a broken car. I know with the help I am getting from the Members here, I will be making some solid changes for the good. I have much to say to show my grattitude for this. I will do better when I can get to a public computer. For now, please know I am grateful and eager to get my life restarted, beyond a Flea Market.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have recieved 2 packages at Joes home and I need to share this. I will follow up by email to those who shipped them to me. Guys, I got 2 packages yesterday. Both contatined knives which I am proud as one can be to habe. One is a belt clip folder and it is the 1st such knife I've ever owned. Believe it is a Byrd. I thank the kind soul who gave that to me and will be emailing him. The other package contained a Swiss Army knife sandwiched between cardboard with a note written on it. Attached to the Swiss Army knife is a 1907 Indian head penny. Thats 112 years old. Every darn bit of that parcel, knife, penny and note of good luck, I will cherish for the rest of my days. How kind and good people. Thank you as those packages brightened my days.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not at all surprised by the caliber of the membership, or the final tally. God Bless you all. Cool

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello Q, love you brother. Im spending a lil time here with my friend from Germany. He had his dialysis port moved to a new spot on his tummy. He needs a kidney, hopefully this year. He stops up to the Market to visit as he knows my old sedan is done. Dont have to twist my arm to come down for coffee.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Folks, going back up top now. I will check back as I get to wifi. All of you be safe. Thank you for extending to me kindness and a uplift when I am down. A big thank you to Para for the help through a excellent Forum. Hope I didn't cause 6guns too much of a problem. I am grateful for your help in this sir. Good day all. David Lee.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Amazing bunch of genuine good people here.
Thanks to Para, for making this happen, and thanks to 6guns for handling the details.

David prayers sent, hoping your situation improves.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This all sorta of makes one proud, now doesn't it!!! Thanx to ALL that made this happen, and good luck to David.....I think that he has turned a "corner".

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PP sent from bahs11.
Good job to Organizers of this helping hand to a fellow member.
To 6guns : OUTSTANDING JOB from a fellow HOOSIER

Glenn

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Great job guys and gals!
Thanks to Para and 6guns for all they did.

David I hope this is the lift you need and know that we are pullin' for ya!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Warms my heart.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I'm pleased to have been a small part of it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Incredible show of generosity.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post