SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock store hq moving to Nashville
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock store hq moving to Nashville Login/Join 
Picture of Jimg1960
posted
Glockstore.com, which sells parts and accessories for Glock handguns will relocate its headquarters from California to Nashville.

Glockstore.com founder and CEO Lenny Magill told The Tennessee Star Monday that he and other company officials plan to set up shop in Music City in the fall of 2019, roughly one year from now.

The current headquarters is in San Diego.

“We have 100 employees here in San Diego, and we will at some point have 100 people in Nashville as well,” Magill said.

“Some of our employees will not move from San Diego. We have about 80 positions that we will fill in Nashville.”

Magill said he and other company officials are making the move because they had to get away from California’s high-tax rates.

“We looked at Texas. We looked at Atlanta in depth. Those were the areas we really looked at. We even thought about Nevada, but we chose Nashville for a couple of reasons. We looked at those areas because of the low taxes in those areas,” Magill said.

“These are gun-friendly states, and we wanted to be a little more centrally located for shipping and handling. That is what Nashville really had going for it, as far as location. It is a destination town already. We feel we could benefit from that.”

According to The Nashville Post, Glockstore.com describes itself as the United States’ largest online retailer of Glock-specific OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts and aftermarket performance parts that allow users to customize their Glock handguns.

Glockstore.com will relocate to 1930 Air Lane Drive.

The location will have a retail showroom and a manufacturing operation.

Magill told The Post the retail showroom “will feature — in addition to Glock handguns, parts, accessories, logo clothing and hats — several indoor shooting rooms that will allow for one-on-one instruction and the chance to shoot at multiple targets in multiple directions.”

The manufacturing operation, The Post went on to say, will consist of 12 CNC machines that make aftermarket performance parts for Glock handguns, he said.

The company is not affiliated with Glock Inc., The Post reported.

Magill told The Star that California’s economic development and other business interests did nothing to encourage him to stay.

“They didn’t do a thing,” Magill said.

“People in Nashville are super-friendly and super nice. People tend to be a tad friendlier there.”

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why anyone would have a business in a state that hates your industry is beyond me.

I'm glad they're finally leaving but why even operate in CA in the first place?

Posts: 13147 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
25 years or so in San Diego and they did nothing to try to get him to stay. Looking forward to having them in Nashville.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
These communist states continue to hemorrhage businesses. At some point, they will be completely unsustainable, and have to have federal assistance to keep from going under. Essentially, California state government will be on welfare.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Posts: 3665 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My wallet is very worried.....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Smart move. If he doesn't get out of there soon, the fascists that run that state will find a way to shut him down at some point.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
That's music to my ears...... Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good news!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Why anyone would have a business in a state that hates your industry is beyond me.

I'm glad they're finally leaving but why even operate in CA in the first place?

I’m guessing they were born and lived there?

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I'll be there on the day they open!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2499 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
25 years or so in San Diego and they did nothing to try to get him to stay. Looking forward to having them in Nashville.

San Diego not too long ago was once a solid red area of CA, but no longer. In the recent midterms, SD overwhelmingly elected Democrats to every major state office, and the vast majority of national ones, including Feinstein. They also voted in almost all Dems for state senate and assembly seats. I'm sure this recent election put a spark under their asses to get the hell out.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

San Diego not too long ago was once a solid red area of CA, but no longer. In the recent midterms, SD overwhelmingly elected Democrats to every major state office, and the vast majority of national ones, including Feinstein. They also voted in almost all Dems for state senate and assembly seats. I'm sure this recent election put a spark under their asses to get the hell out.

I wonder how much of that vote was comprised of legal, living voters and how much was comprised of dead people, illegal aliens and other votes that the democrats could co-opt?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post