SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do we start wasting DC's time?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do we start wasting DC's time? Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Boycott Federal employees as customers?

I realize it might be hard, but as long as they're going to be profligate, and indolent, we need to push back, aside from folks going John Galt.

(I know a number of very capable folks, who have decided its just not worth it to keep striving, for a sharecropper's percentage.)

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
So, you're striving to become a leftist SJW, yes?

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's really not possible to waste their time.

They have to work X hours a day and they will fill X hours per day. If there is nothing to do, they goof off, play games on the computer, take every second of their breaks.

If there is stuff to do, they work at a pace - anywhere from fast to a snails pace. And when X hours are up, they leave. If the work isn't done, there is always tomorrow or next week.

Oh, since they aren't a business, they have minimal need to show efficiency - because there is no profit / loss, no shareholder meetings, no stock prices - so it's not like you are going to shut them down.

It's a self licking ice cream cone.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Add to that the fact that if you were to do such a thing, you'd be singling out individuals who have as much influence over the structure of the Federal gov't as you do, which is just about none at all. Hell, some of those people feel exactly as you do about the gov't, so you'd be punishing some allies, to no positive effect at all.

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
The government couldn't care less what people do to their employees. Hell, half of Congress hates our federal law enforcement and would like to boycott them themselves.

Federal employees in general, are the same kind of employees that are sweeping the floors at Wal Mart. If you boycott and harrass them untill they quit their jobs, the government will just hire someone else.

The things that you could do, that would make an actual impact, are by design, going to impact and inconvenience you.

They don't like it when you quit your job, stop paying taxes, and go on welfare.

Or you could hire a lawyer and sue them. They hate that, because it costs them money.

Basically, there's any number of things that can be done to get their attention. They all require sacrifice.

For the most part, once you've got their attention, the real sacrifice begins.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(insert bunny with pancake on its head)

I have no clue what your talking about.

If you want to waste .gov's time copy and paste this message and email it to them.

Posts: 5423 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You can’t do more than management is already doing.
I have a friend who is a nurse-practitioner, left Miramar MCAS clinic for what she thought would be an exciting job in research at Defense Health Agency (DHA) in DC. Just saw her and after less than a year on the job she is leaving.
Why? She had no work to do, her manager would not give her work, just kept her on to keep the position on the payroll.
How’s that for wasting time (and, in her case talent and valuable experience)?

Oh yeah, I just read that DHA is taking over administration of the Navy hospitals in San Diego. Roll Eyes

Posts: 18081 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes The same shit SJWs do? And other than a uniformed, on-duty FLEO, how would you know them when you see them? They look just like you and me. Have they got it branded on them? Or you could find some of those sunglasses from the movie They Live. Razz

I hate the system, but until somebody comes up with changes that make sense, I'll stick with it. (Now where have I heard that before?)

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Wasting a feds time?
What could anyone possibly do that the employees aren’t already doing? They are crackerjack time wasters as it is.

(In the city I worked for the dept bosses would hold regular meetings. Everyone talked, nobody said anything. Then they planned their next meeting)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Most Feds aren't LEOs. Honestly, would any of y'all really want to serve an ATF agent? I know the explosive fellows are different.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, would any of y'all really want to serve an ATF agent?
Where is this coming from? I don't think you're going to get the kinds of responses here that you seem to be looking for.

Not serving someone because they work for some Federal agency? That's no better than what kids do when they refuse to serve uniformed officers at Burger King or wherever. Sometimes, these kids do serve food to officers, then spit in or otherwise adulterate the food.

So, tell us, please, what this is all about. You sell ice cream for a living, right? Did some Fed hassle you? What is going on? You've been a member here for more than a decade and this seems to be coming out of nowhere.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
If you want to hurt the Federal government, don’t waste your time screwing with federal employees. Starve the beast. Stop paying taxes. If you want to stop paying taxes without going to jail, you kinda have to stop earning income. Heck, if you stop earning income, you can probably go on the dole and join other parasites sucking on Uncle Sugar’s teat. That will show him.

The problem with that approach is most members here are naturally averse to being parasites and would probably be more hurt by their own efforts than Uncle Sugar.

They say living well is the best revenge. Perhaps one should not worry about messing with Uncle Sugar and instead try to live his or her highest purpose.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to hurt the Federal government, don’t waste your time screwing with federal employees. Starve the beast. Stop paying taxes. If you want to stop paying taxes without going to jail, you kinda have to stop earning income.

I tried that for a while. I didn't file a tax return for 3 years. It wasn't any fun.
Once the IRS has you in its sights you aren't going to have a good time. You can't win.

quote:
They say living well is the best revenge. Perhaps one should not worry about messing with Uncle Sugar and instead try to live his or her highest purpose.

Good advice.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother is a senior analyst for the Defense Geospatial Intelligence Agency, for about a decade now. Before he was with NOAA. He works 50+ hours every week and travels a lot to help protect our country. I'm very proud of the work my little brother does. Of course, there is plenty of deadwood...

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That's not going to work in the onesy twosies. If you could organize 20,000,000 to do it simultaneously it might.

But there's the kicker. The system is set up to prevent that. Most people don't pay they're own taxes. Unless your self employed, you employer deducts your taxes and pays them. You never get a chance to not pay them. For them, the only thing filing a return does is give them a chance to get a little back.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
If you want to hurt the Federal government, don’t waste your time screwing with federal employees. Starve the beast. Stop paying taxes. If you want to stop paying taxes without going to jail, you kinda have to stop earning income.

I tried that for a while. I didn't file a tax return for 3 years. It wasn't any fun.
Once the IRS has you in its sights you aren't going to have a good time. You can't win.

quote:

Good advice.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Honestly, would any of y'all really want to serve an ATF agent?
Where is this coming from? I don't think you're going to get the kinds of responses here that you seem to be looking for.

Not serving someone because they work for some Federal agency? That's no better than what kids do when they refuse to serve uniformed officers at Burger King or wherever. Sometimes, these kids do serve food to officers, then spit in or otherwise adulterate the food.

So, tell us, please, what this is all about. You sell ice cream for a living, right? Did some Fed hassle you? What is going on? You've been a member here for more than a decade and this seems to be coming out of nowhere.

Just go ahead and delete the thread. I'm getting burned the heck out of working for a sharecropper's percentage of the profits, and having to beg permission to go make the parasite class more money, and being told I shouldn't complain, because I can "survive the tax burden"

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Besides this being out of character for you, your timing on this is odd. This is the first time in many decades that we've had a president willing to at least try to do something about "dead wood" employees and onerous, burdensome regulations.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just go ahead and delete the thread. I'm getting burned the heck out of working for a sharecropper's percentage of the profits, and having to beg permission to go make the parasite class more money, and being told I shouldn't complain, because I can "survive the tax burden"
Is this you??? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a self licking ice cream cone.

Yep. I mean, it’s what they do all day already. They waste their time to help waste ours.

As for the more recent posts, having a bad day? Other stuff going on? You’re usually among the more level-headed here.

Posts: 17172 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Where I work, and the folks I work with must be an anomaly. We work hard, every day. Our mission and our focus is on the defense of this nation.

Yes, I know some folks are worthless. I bet there are some that work for corporations, schools, businesses, stores etc.

I wouldn't use the same brush to characterize the federal employee as the democrats and media use.

Too bad I have wasted the last 42 years of my life serving this nation. (24 years active duty Navy and 18 years with Dept of Defense).

I didn't know I was supposed to be a slacker. I'll be sure to tell the people I work with that we need to go out for lunch, not eat at our desks, punch in at 0900 and go home at 1500. Wow, I could sleep until 0600 and come home for dinner at 1600. I don't think my wife would know what to do with me hanging around the house.

Sorry, rant off. I know that everyone doesn't share the opinion of the OP.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post