SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tim Kaine Defends His Antifa Son In Heated Confrontation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Kaine Defends His Antifa Son In Heated Confrontation Login/Join 
posted
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...eated-confrontation/

Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia defended his son Woody, who was arrested on multiple charges in Minnesota during a left-wing radical protest.

“He has views and he is entitled to his views,” Kaine said when I confronted him about his son’s Antifa-related arrest, after Kaine tried to pin the Charlottesville rally violence on his Republican opponent Corey Stewart in their first debate in the 2018 U.S. Senate race in Hot Springs, Virginia. Kaine maintained that his son is peaceful, and Kaine’s staffer Ian Sams, a former Hillary Clinton factotum, stepped in to shut down the line of questioning. Kaine did not answer as to whether his son is still part of any Antifa groups.

Share Tweet

Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia defended his son Woody, who was arrested on multiple charges in Minnesota during a left-wing radical protest.

“He has views and he is entitled to his views,” Kaine said when I confronted him about his son’s Antifa-related arrest, after Kaine tried to pin the Charlottesville rally violence on his Republican opponent Corey Stewart in their first debate in the 2018 U.S. Senate race in Hot Springs, Virginia. Kaine maintained that his son is peaceful, and Kaine’s staffer Ian Sams, a former Hillary Clinton factotum, stepped in to shut down the line of questioning. Kaine did not answer as to whether his son is still part of any Antifa groups.

Politifact admits that Woody Kaine is involved with Antifa, reporting: “Kaine’s son, Linwood Michael “Woody” Kaine, has indeed attended protests affiliated with Antifa, a far-left collection of autonomous anti-fascist groups that are spread throughout the country and share several causes, including the resistance of white supremacist movements. Because Antifa is an umbrella term for many different groups, it does not have an official website or membership.”

“Woody Kaine, 24, was among five masked, black-garbed people suspected of lobbing a smoke bomb minutes earlier inside the Minnesota Capitol rotunda Saturday afternoon…In the end, it took three officers, a “knee strike” and a chemical spray to subdue Kaine after he was identified as one of the counterprotesters who allegedly used fireworks or a smoke bomb to disrupt a rally in support of President Donald Trump at the Minnesota State Capitol, according to police spokesman Steve Linders…Counterprotesters — some with apparent anti-fascist and anarchist leanings — clashed with Trump supporters in the Capitol rotunda after they disrupted the permitted event with air horns, whistles and chants. Video of the scene shows a black-clad person wearing ski goggles lobbing the smoke bomb, which allegedly struck a 61-year-old woman. She was uninjured, police said.”

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported: “The youngest son of U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., was sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay $236 in fines and fees for resisting arrest after he and others disrupted a Minnesota rally in support of President Donald Trump. About 400 people attended the Trump rally March 4 at the Minnesota state Capitol in St. Paul, and about 75 to 125 counterprotesters arrived, according to criminal complaints. Fireworks and smoke bombs were set off inside the capitol and several people were arrested. Minnesota state officers had to call for backup from St. Paul police.

Linwood Michael “Woody” Kaine, 25, of Minneapolis, was arrested outside the capitol and later charged with three misdemeanors. Two of them — concealing identity and fleeing a peace officer by means other than a motor vehicle — were dismissed Dec. 11, according to online court records for Ramsey County, Minn. Kaine pleaded guilty to obstructing legal process/interfering with a peace officer.”

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hey Timmy, “Woody” is indeed entitled to his views, but not to throwing a smokebomb at people who are also entitled to theirs. It’s real simple, Ya jagoff.

Posts: 26950 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Apple. Tree.

I hope his son becomes a focus during re-election. Democrats don't necessarily have to support AntiFa; people should be reminded of father and son behaviors.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Good ole Virginia politics! Can you imagine the coverage if it had been one of Trump's sons?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Woody Kaine...makes me chuckle Big Grin

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Tim, you must be so proud of little Woddy.
What a couple of asshats.
Tim Kaine, the poster child of tolerant liberals, disgusting.

Posts: 3551 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God Kaine wasn't Able to become Vice President.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the old joke about if you look up "opportunist" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Kaine. I have never trusted anyone, who married the boss's daughter.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Tim, you must be so proud of little Woddy.
What a couple of asshats.
Tim Kaine, the poster child of tolerant liberals, disgusting.

What's disgusting is that Kaine IS proud of him. Kaine is that big of a radical as is evidenced every time he opens him mouth.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
“He has views and he is entitled to his views,” Kaine said

To a scumbag Democrat commie like Kaine, a leftist's "views" include lying, trespassing, vandalism, battery, assault with a deadly weapon, etc.

To paraphrase Tommy DeVito- Rats. The whole fuckin' family are rats.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
And Tim Kaine is STILL not the VP.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34143 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
When do we stop calling them "antifa" and properly call them profa?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
“He has views and he is entitled to his views,” Kaine said

To a scumbag Democrat commie like Kaine, a leftist's "views" include lying, trespassing, vandalism, battery, assault with a deadly weapon, etc.

All of those sins were perpetrated against folks on the Right, so it's all justified. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conservative commentators, writers and personalities have repeatidly taken the time to denounce, distance and shun any and all extremists such as: fascists, racists and hate-groups of all sorts. However, liberal/leftists have yet to reckon with the extremists that lay on their side of the spectrum ergo, they provide tacit support.

Kaine, just be honest, you support your son's brand of bigotry; 'by any means necessary', is your unofficial political motto.

Posts: 14697 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ole Woody looks like a real rocket surgeon, doesn't he. And just for the record Timmy, people don't get arrested for peacefully protesting. They get arrested for doing stupid, illegal, sh*t, which looks to be right up Woody's alley.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Where's Dave ? we need him.

Where's Rufio Panman ? Love that video of him knocking the ever-lovin' shit out of those pansies.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I can’t stand to listen to tiny tim kaine open his mouth.

Posts: 1443 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He looks like a one punch KO to me....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8400 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
He looks like a one punch KO to me....

which one, dad or spawn? Never mind, pick one, it works for both.

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His son is just building a great resume to some day run for President.
He is probable proud of that boy.

We have had some radicals in our govt already. That has so far not worked out for us.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post