SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hydrothermal explosion occurred in the Biscuit Basin area of Yellowstone National Park
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydrothermal explosion occurred in the Biscuit Basin area of Yellowstone National Park Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Link

CDC map of the 6 zones affected by a Yellowstone Event.

You’ll forgive me if I take what the CDC says with a grain of salt.

I do think the threat is overplayed.
It's a typo. The Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC) regurgitated a FEMA map.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23643 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Link

CDC map of the 6 zones affected by a Yellowstone Event.

Wow, that's incredible (incredibly bad).

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8914 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its weird that its not a circle but rather smushes on the west coast. Maybe that's due to the mountains or coastal wind?

Posts: 3106 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Its weird that its not a circle but rather smushes on the west coast. Maybe that's due to the mountains or coastal wind?

Jet stream.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
But over how many days will it take to accumulate. One would surly have time to evacuate... but to Where?

Equally difficult question is "how"? Your car won't run long in that shit, or your lungs.
Damn right I'd be surly!! Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12665 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"hydrothermal explosion"? They could have been more dramatic by writing "dihydrogen oxide thermal" explosion.

I see what you said there. Wink

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
When Yellowstone truly blows it will make Mount St. Helens explosion of 1980 look like a .22 next to a .50 cal.

The power beneath Yellowstone is hard to understand fully.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16449 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Tourons should run faster.

Best response I've seen. FWIW I always route for the animals.......

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16449 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
…and I’m taking my family there in 2 weeks.
Pray for us!

The real danger when we went in 2017 was the tourons and the yahoos driving rented RVs. We had one nearly run us into a wall while coming around a blind curve halfway into my lane. Guess it could've been much worse if we were on the cliff side. Have a great time and stay safe!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1914 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think it’s remarkable how many people stood close to the explosion as if it couldn’t have become a bigger event.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
It's a misperception of basic physics and reality. Growing up on a computer and cell phone never going outside or doing anything normal boys used to do in previous generations, will leave one wanting in the common sense department after reaching adulthood.

I don't actually know that but it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8914 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post