SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dot's Cheese Curls
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dot's Cheese Curls Login/Join 
posted
My wife has become nearly addicted over the last couple years. The Cheese Curls have disappeared at the local grocery stores, but the pretzels are available. Hershey bought Dot's in 2021, but has closed the US plant that produces them, according to this article from 2023. It goes on to state that Hershey has re-acquired a facility in Canada, but does not say that Dot's will be made there:

https://www.just-food.com/news...tzels-factory-in-us/

Does anyone have greater knowledge of what the hell is going on?

Posts: 772 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We were at the Hershey Experience in Hershey, PA in December 2022 and there was a big marketplace where you could buy all sorts of Hershey’s chocolate and candy and other products. Dot’s Pretzels were heavily promoted there including a cinnamon sugar version I’d never had before and were AWESOME. Have never seen these cheese curls here in PA

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here ya go Smile

Cheese curls:

https://www.scheels.com/p/dots...rls/85571200861.html

Cinnamon sugar:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dot...sts-16-oz/1580163819

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Cinnamon sugar pretzels? Please say it ain’t so.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

It’s true, and I think they’re pretty good.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just don't mess with the Southwest pretzels. I will be very angery.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Yes, very much a thing and those along with the Original flavor are dangerous for me to have because I can’t stop!

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Since I dislike sugar and cinnamon, probably not for me.

My current favorite pretzels: Keebler Townhouse FlipSides.
A cracker-pretzel hybrid. Shaped like a cracker, but with a pretzel-like flavor. Very crisp. Commonly available in my grocery stores, and also on Amazon:
https://a.co/d/blipzAb

So good with a slab of good cheese!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lean toward the honey-mustard ones, but have never tried the sugar-cinnamon ones.

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I lean toward the honey-mustard ones, but have never tried the sugar-cinnamon ones.

My personal ranking of Dot’s:

1. Original
2. Cinnamon Sugar
3. Honey Mustard
4. Southwest

posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the Southwest flavored ones.

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost all of Dots products are super tasty. If you are watching your salt give them a pass. Other than that not much is better.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I had to give up Dots. Soon after discovering and sharing them here my lab work numbers went to crap.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I can't remember why but I'm boycotting Hershey, I believe it was in response to some WOKE bullshit.
Too bad because I used to like Dot's.

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, me neither. I threw them away before I finished. They were just so disappointing.

I LOVE the honey mustard ones, and the cinnamon ones are pretty good, too. Haven't had the regular yet. I have a very hard time spending $7 for a bag of pretzels. I get them very rarely, and from now on, they will all be honey mustard.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21849 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Tried the pretzels and they had way too much salt for me.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
MSG makes everything tastier.

Posts: 26920 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Haven't had the regular yet

Well you’re missing out on the best ones then!

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The original tastes like they died a beautiful death being drowned in butter.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Yeah, me neither. I threw them away before I finished. They were just so disappointing.

I like all that I've tasted but have yet to see the cinnamon sugar.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post